PDA

View Full Version : ...and Steve said..."Let There Be Light!!!"

Stevie-D
02-02-2003, 03:26 PM
my garage is about 25 yards away from my house. last year, we had the water line replaced. when they dug up the pipe, they chopped the power line in half:grr ...so i havent had real lights out there for a while, aside from a few small lights plugged into an extension cord..which i had to plug in each time i used it..
aaaannyway...i got a few flourescent lights today. i still have to plug in the extension cord, but its better than what im used to..i can actually see the workbench now!!!:p now i can work out there when it gets dark, and i can work with the doors closed too.
i bet i sound like a little kid right after christmas, but im so psyched that i can actuallly see out there now.
:D :D

tants
02-02-2003, 03:28 PM
sweetski! :confused2

muff
02-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by tants
sweetski! :confused2

lol never heard that word before

light is a good thing to have at night

quadfamily
02-02-2003, 04:08 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I've been so busy for the past couple of years working on our house that I never got electric out to our 20X12 shed. I actually have an electrician friend with a giant trencher and he came over a little more than a year ago and gave me a 4' deep trench which I ran a water line in and then a conduit for electric. My shed is 100' from the house but the problem is he had go go AROUND our septic system so the conduit ended up being 190' and the water line is over 200'. To end a long story I just pulled the wires a month or two ago and now I have a 50 amp service out there and a nice 8' high output fluorescent light with 110 watt tubes. It's bright! Oh yeah, I also dropped a direct burial phone line in the trench so I also have phone out there now. So I do know exactly the feeling you have right now! It's nice having light without having to run a hundred foot extension cord across the ground. I'm biulding a small workbench and running more outlets and such but at least the major work is done.

lil400exman
02-02-2003, 04:35 PM
well its been so long since i have been able to work at night so i get up at first crack of dawn to work........i have been too lazy to rewire my old garage it used to be a house its a 2 story job! so this summer i said i am tearing all the junk and puttin new wire in cause i dont my quad (s) and bikes and cars catching on fire................... i calculated that i have easy 18,000 in there with tools we do al the own work on our cars and the upstaris has a computer (laptop) run by ext cord................its irritating..............but thats life as long as my quad has a place to sleep............
also i gussted my doors............i wanna see a robber break through that! i put i tink 2 ft tall peices so it could open close but i put peices of plyworrd on the inset and then put plywood over thatwith liquid nails in between and i squished my insulation for the eventual heater i am planning on.......:devil

Stevie-D
02-02-2003, 05:48 PM
i got an idea...gotta see if itll fly with the folks first though...anyway, its only about 25 yards to the garage, so maybe ill just run a phone line, and a couple extension cords through some PVC pipe, bury it under about 5 inches of dirt,and just hook it up to a couple of power sticks. that way ill have power out there. that would be sweet, and pretty easy to do...once the ground thaws out :mad:

tants
02-02-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by muff
lol never heard that word before

d@mn city boys :D

muff
02-02-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by tants
d@mn city boys :D

lol not really, theres under 300 kids in my high school

02-02-2003, 07:11 PM
dang hicks, lmao

SGA
02-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Can anyone tell me why women do not understand this kind of thing? Look babe, I built a shop! Thats nice dear......
Look, I added power and lights today! Thats nice dear.....
Im starting to think men and women have different views on things....:ermm:

skinrider440
02-02-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by muff
lol not really, theres under 300 kids in my high school

there is under 300 ppl in my town ha ha ha seriously:D

exriderdude
02-03-2003, 07:30 AM
what are lights:huh

UglyMotha™
02-03-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by skinrider440
there is under 300 ppl in my town ha ha ha seriously:D

the cattle in my town out number the people:huh

quadfamily
02-03-2003, 10:04 AM
SGA, You're just starting to believe that?? Man, what rock have you been living under?? j/k

Stevie-D
02-03-2003, 05:24 PM
there is under 300 ppl in my town ha ha ha seriously
i dont even live in a town..im out in the middle of Hicks-ville.
there are some pretty hot women around tho..:p