PDA

View Full Version : United States vs. Ghana

mjc597
06-26-2010, 12:31 PM
anybody watching it? i know i am ! :)

yellowzo3
06-26-2010, 01:27 PM
WTF is USA doing??!!? They aren't attacking the ball at all and Ghana has players unprotected everywhere on the field. Passing isn't great either.

US really needs to get it together during halftime and start putting pressure on Ghana. You can not let Ghana get the ball and let them run down the field while you just run behind them. Ghana is double teaming US players and getting the ball back like its nothing. I can only imagine Tim Howard's dissatisfaction with his teams defense right now.

I hope they come out strong in the second half like they usually do!!

feuerstack411
06-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Meh. We came out pretty good in the second half, but we just couldn't get it. Ghana outplayed us, there was no dodgy ref calls or anything. It was a good run for USA, where only about 2% of the population even know what the World Cup is.

2014 though, we will have our **** together. 2014 will be big for the U.S

Aber, es ist zeit für der Mannschaft!

Honda4LifeWes36
06-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Yeah, the start of the game and the start of extra time was definitely shaky for the USA.

Defenders had a good world cup but just couldn't keep the Ghana strikers from the back of the net.

All around good effort by the United States.

Goodbye Ghana in 2014.

Whatcha GHANA Do

yellowzo3
06-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Honda4LifeWes36
Yeah, the start of the game and the start of extra time was definitely shaky for the USA.

Defenders had a good world cup but just couldn't keep the Ghana strikers from the back of the net.

All around good effort by the United States.

Goodbye Ghana in 2014.

Whatcha GHANA Do

Ehh, we had very poor defense for most of that game. Ghana was left uncovered many times and always had someone open near the sideline waiting to cross the ball to the center.

Ghana came and gave 100%... US seemed like they thought they'd have it a bit easier and didn't attack for the entire first half.

Aarons 01 400EX
06-28-2010, 01:51 AM
Our forwards have been unable to do their job during the WC. They weren't able to finish. We need some talent up front and hopefully we get some by 2014.

J.Brown121
06-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Aarons 01 400EX
Our forwards have been unable to do their job during the WC. They weren't able to finish. We need some talent up front and hopefully we get some by 2014.

Altidore is still very young. He'll come into his own soon enough, I have no doubts about that.

Honda4LifeWes36
06-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah I guess the defenders really weren't too hot this WC, but hopefully that'll change in the next years.

I like Coach Bradleys son. I think he's gonna be an exceptional player when he gains some years experience.