PDA

View Full Version : went to start... something ticked...now neutral light wont come on????

ss5515
06-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Ok so me and my bf just got done putting our 400 back together after we got our frame and stuff pc'd.... when we went to start it for the first time we couldnt get the neutral light to come on and it wouldnt start, headlights woulndt work, etc... so we finally found that the fuse had blown so we replaced the fuse and rode for a lil up and down the road. well after i shut it off i waited a few minutes and went to turn in back on and when i pressed the button i heard a tick and then it wouldnt try to start again and the lights wouldnt work, or the neutral light so i checked the fuse again, but the fuse wasnt blown this time..... Any ideas what could be wrong?

tri5ron
06-25-2010, 04:42 PM
you have a bad ground

406Z26
06-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Sounds like a ground issue. Make sure that you scrape the pc off every area that needs grounded.

NacsMXer
06-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by 406Z26
Sounds like a ground issue. Make sure that you scrape the pc off every area that needs grounded.

X2 I just went through this when I PC'd my frame over the winter. I totally forgot about the PC messing up the grounds.

You need to grind the powdercoat to bare metal at one or more of the motor mounts at the frame. The motor actually grounds itself out through the frame. I did mine at the very bottom and top motor mounts. Also grind the PC at the coil mount as there are a couple grounds there. Lastly, you need to make sure you grind the PC at the frame to subframe connection. If you don't do this, your battery will have no way of grounding itself (normally grounds through subframe).

If you address these issues you should be good to go!

Young_Gun1
06-27-2010, 03:42 PM
I would talk to whoever did your pc too cause the bolt holes shouldn't be pc'd and that should be alot of what is needed for grounding