PDA

View Full Version : wossner piston?

kookennay
06-25-2010, 04:35 PM
i have a 72.5 wossner now and looking for some way to order direct from them or someone who deals with them. and can i just hone it and put new rings in it or do i need to bore it again?

C-LEIGH RACING
06-25-2010, 06:29 PM
You'll need to do some cylinder bore measuring to see if it needs to be bored, no other way around that.
LA Sleeve or CT Racing are the suppling dealers for Wossnor brand pistons.
You might could call LA Sleeve & find out who would be the closest retailing dealer to you, but far as getting one straight from the MFG, that would be hard to do because they are made in Germany.
Neil

latheboy
06-26-2010, 10:19 AM
I got one right from LA sleeve a month ago or so for my 350PV.

kookennay
06-26-2010, 04:05 PM
THANKS GUYS. DOES LA SLEEVE HAVE A WEBSITE? I TALKED TO A GUY ON EBAY THAT HAS THE BIG BORE PISTONS AND IT SAYS LA SLEEVE ON THE BOX, IS THAT THE SAME PISTON?MAYBE I SHOULD JUST EMAIL HIM AND ASK?

kookennay
06-26-2010, 04:12 PM
OK I FOUND THE SITE! HOW DO I KNOW IF THE ONE I HAVE NOW IS FORGED OR NOT?

06-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Check these guys out on eBay : 250RTRIKES, they carry Wossner pistons, that is were I got one for my 330R...

C-LEIGH RACING
06-28-2010, 10:14 AM
If you know for sure the piston came out of your cylinder is a Wossnor type, then it is forged.

There were some Pro-x pistons, quite a few years back, looked just about like the Wossnor pistons sold today with the coating on the skirts, but were a cast type piston.
Those old cast pistons at one time were hard to find & then next thing you know someone would have a cylinder kit with that type of piston.
The cast piston, looking up inside of it around the wrist pin area, it will be round like & no machining marks anywhere on the underside.
The Wossnor, when you look up into it, it will be heavier made looking + it will have quite a bit of machining done to it in several areas underside & outside.

The Wiseco big bore pistons, will be forgedas well, but will have the rounded look sometimes at the wrist pin area just like the cast & then some will be machined, but will have machined areas on each side inside & outside.
Neil

kookennay
06-28-2010, 12:55 PM
yeah i bought the wossner i found the box for it yesterday, it is forged. i bought it thru a shop and paid alot for it i was just trying to get one myself. thanks for the help it really has helped me out.