PDA

View Full Version : What handle bars to get?

texasman20
06-25-2010, 04:15 PM
So I just need some really quick help on what direction to go on new handle bars. I flipped my quad a few months back and shattered my collarbone so hasn’t even touched it since. I just got the go ahead from the Dr that I can ride again so I need to order some new bars because I bent the stock ones up.

I am 6'2" and really don’t mind the stock bend. I am also going to be ordering the trailtech dash so I need to make sure they fit with them. What do you guys recommend for just a simple set of bars?

I also would really like to not have to run new cables.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

clemsonteg
06-25-2010, 05:05 PM
I got the ATV bend Renthal bars, they feel nice, and fit like stock. I think they are pretty close to the stock bend.

CJM
06-25-2010, 05:41 PM
I tried 3 different ones I thought I would like (I bought all 3 and never returned the other two), I eventually found I liked the protaper SE (seven eighths) hi bend. They are relatively close to stock but have less pull back..

ETA: Im 6ft and have long arms and legs.

logant14
06-25-2010, 07:07 PM
i personally love the pro taper atv mid. i had the hi bend on my 250ex, they weren't bad but defiantly not my fav. the atv mid has less pull back than the stock and they aren't quite as tall but i feel comfy with them on mine and im 6' JMO

mudchicken
06-25-2010, 08:29 PM
My vote would have to be for the ProTaper SE low. I just put a new set on my 440 and I LOVE them. Feel SO good. I think its really going to depend on what you are used to. I just got this quad so I really dont know any better. Im sure if you ran the factory high bar you would want to go with the atv high but being I am used to the low bars from my S3 they feel perfect to me.

honda400ex2003
06-25-2010, 08:54 PM
on more wrench to throw in, i like my tags. they are a bit wide but you get used to them quick since they are comfy and dont vibrate like the stockers did. steve

slightlybent47
06-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by clemsonteg
I got the ATV bend Renthal bars, they feel nice, and fit like stock. I think they are pretty close to the stock bend.

X2

I have the same bars.

jzexrider
06-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Ive had the Pro Taper raptor and atv mid bend and I like the atv mid alot better. They are a little wider(but not too wide)with less pullback than stock. They are really comfortable.

ridein'red7
06-26-2010, 01:58 PM
i have rental contour henry/reed bend i believe fit perfect and has a sporty feel but i also have a houser extended steering stem but they very nice bend

99400esex
06-26-2010, 07:12 PM
I have the protaper se mid bend. Absolutely love them. very comfortable and look great

jimmyjam400ex
06-27-2010, 08:22 PM
i got tusk atv bend from rocky mountain a little higher than stock with less pullback awsome set of bars got them in red anodized too ive rolled 4 or five times with them twice hard enough that the should haave definetly bent but they havnt well worth the 35$

CJM
06-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Just throwing it out there: I have protaper SE raptor bars I want gone if anyone wants. slightly scuffed where they mount from me test mounting them.

Make me a reasonable offer....

texasman20
06-29-2010, 03:34 PM
wow thanks for all of the responses. I need to do a little more research on my end now that i have some options in mind. I appreciate all the advice.