PDA

View Full Version : mid-throttle bogg

Honda4life05
06-25-2010, 11:30 AM
My bike runs really good right untill I hit around half throttle then it boggs and sounds like it's cutting out. but as soon as i go near wide open it runns really good again.It seems to get worse i'm in first gear, rather than just ideling. It's jetted for the winter so i know it's running rich. which jet controls about half throttle? I'm not sure of what jets are in it right now because i had a shop jet it in the winter. Mods to the motor are full white bros exhaust, and high comp. piston. stock filter and air box lid on.

DnB_racing
06-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Needle jet: Controls 1/4 to 3/4 throttle. You can tell the most when this is out of tune when you do holeshots. If your engine is bogging when you dump the clutch on a holeshot or you are riding at a constant 1/2 throttle and you engine is bogging then you need to move the c-clip up one notch (drops the needle making it leaner). If the engine is cutting out in these situations you need to move the c-clip down one notch (raises the needle making it richer). Setting the c-clip in the middle slot is a good place to start.