PDA

View Full Version : 2006 kickstarter should i ?? is it worth it.

florentino
06-25-2010, 08:27 AM
ok i was told that you can remove some gears inside the motor.
its that true? do i have to split the cases?

i will do a bottom end any ways so i need info.

and how much for the whole kid???

will it be more hps cause of the removed gear?

mxpimp2000
06-26-2010, 01:49 AM
i went to a kick start and love it. you can remove all the e start and the gears inside the motor but you dont have to split the cases. you will need a flywheel puller to remove the 1 way bearing and gear. i just removed my internal e start gears a couple months ago and yes it does help performance. the 1 way bearing and gear was around 1lb of weight that the crank was spinning for no reason. it REVS sooo quick now and its less rotational mass on the motor which makes more HP.

NOTE: to remove the battery you must have ur harness rewired which isnt a big deal i sent mine to a guy in CA and he redone it for $60 with return shipping. he can sale u a harness for around $90 and if u send ur stocker in for a core he will refund you $30.

i have a kick start setup i will sale pm me if u want it ill hook you up

Lou271
06-26-2010, 11:30 AM
can you give me some info on the guy in Cali that does the wiring harness

mxpimp2000
06-26-2010, 11:33 AM
yeah pm me an ill give you his info

anyone interested in the kickstart i have just pm me for price

mxpimp2000
06-27-2010, 02:48 PM
here is the link guys: http://www.yfzcentral.com/forum/39-parts/65589-custom-wiring-harness-gutting.html

the 1st pic he has of the wiring harness he done is mine. the 2nd one isnt. his harnesses are sooo well made and i would never pay some shop to build me a harness or cut mine down but this guy is by far the best deal around for the best quality