PDA

View Full Version : Won't Start

400exc
06-25-2010, 05:38 AM
As i was riding yesterday, the quad ran fine for the first hour as I was riding. I went to start it up one time, and the fuelpump seemed to kind of prime differently. I hit the start button, it started, and then idled rough and shut off. After this happened, the fuel pump wouldn't turn on and prime. Does anyone know what this is (fuel pump or another problem?), or does the fuel pump not turn on because of some kind of safety feature so it helps save the engine from whatever else is wrong? I am starting to get frustrated with this machine and need as much help with this problem as possible. Thanks

andiboy123
06-25-2010, 07:07 AM
JUST TAKE THE RELAY OUT AND CLEAN IT, SOME TIMES DUST GET ON THE CONTACTS AND IT WONT WORK WELL

400exc
06-25-2010, 04:46 PM
can someone send me a picture of a breakdown of the relay? Thanks

400exc
06-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Took it to the dealer the other day. It ended up being the solenoid. Luckily this is a chea fix. These things do not like much water and mud. Is there any way i can protect these solenoids better? I don't know too much about electrical things but could I cover the solenoid with silicone or something? Sorry if that sounds dumb.