PDA

View Full Version : frame issues

raptor764racer
06-25-2010, 05:32 AM
Well, I just recently made the mistake of buying one of these DS450xmx quads. With all the reviews i read i thought it was a nice quad.
I currently have a frame that i believe was not properly bolted together. If you stand the quad up on it's rear bumper, and look at where the main frame connects to the front rake you can tell it is not centered (about an 1/8in. difference). One of my other friends previously owned one of these not so great machines and had the same problem. I also had a friend point out to me where the top of the frame comes together is also not lined up right. IS ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCING SUCH PROBLEMS. Oh and i also have that same ****ing oil leak that everybody else has been getting.

florentino
06-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by raptor764racer
Well, I just recently made the mistake of buying one of these DS450xmx quads. With all the reviews i read i thought it was a nice quad.
I currently have a frame that i believe was not properly bolted together. If you stand the quad up on it's rear bumper, and look at where the main frame connects to the front rake you can tell it is not centered (about an 1/8in. difference). One of my other friends previously owned one of these not so great machines and had the same problem. I also had a friend point out to me where the top of the frame comes together is also not lined up right. IS ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCING SUCH PROBLEMS. Oh and i also have that same ****ing oil leak that everybody else has been getting.

yes. what you whant to do is take the plastics off and inspect the frame in more detail.

check all the nuts and bolts. check the motor mounts and the 2 bolts under the skid plate

sproket bolts come loose all the time too.

and mesure your frame from the foot pegs to the axel and to the a arms. post some pics.