PDA

View Full Version : crf wiring harness on trx

meloyelo400
06-24-2010, 06:02 PM
I ordered a crf wiring harness for my 04 TRX450 and am a little confused as to what i need to do with the TPS on the carb... aside from this, should it basically be plug and play? I am not running any lights, fan, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

eastside 400
06-24-2010, 06:59 PM
i am pretty sure it is completly different, plugs for the CDI are different i think, and i think the stator wires are too. you usually only use the crf harness when you use the crf ignition setup

meloyelo400
06-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Crap...gunna have one heck of a time re wiring my stock harness then...

Modifly
06-29-2010, 05:58 AM
I dont think it is possible to wire up a crf loom to a stock ignition?

I ran both my bikes with crf ignition and loom and they are a hell of alot simpler (and quicker). With the crf loom connecting to the wires coming off the stator there is 1 blue and 1 white on each side, for some reason it might not work if you connect it blue to blue white to white so just swap it over and try it. Another tip for the cdi unit is get some pipe insulation foam and wrap the cdi unit in it then put the normal cdi rubber around it and then it will hold to the frame (cable tie it for safety)

I cant remember about the TPS but i think it is was removed and only 1 plug went from the carb to the loom.