PDA

View Full Version : looking for aftermarket suspension

PaRedneckRiders
06-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Ok so im in the market for some after market suspension for my 2002 426ex
Im thinking extended a-arms and axle then some shocks

I do mostly woods riding in open trails but i ride in big open areas with lots of jumps and stuff 2

My guess is +2 or +3 a-arms
A g-force +2+4 axle and then some suspension something like works or elka

What do u think i should get, what a-arms and what shocks, should i go stranded travel or LT

I am on a budget but idk how much it is yet i would like to keep the price down as much as possible so im prob gonna be looking for good condish. used parts

tri5ron
06-24-2010, 12:29 PM
When riding woods and trails, extended a-arms can often be a problem.

IMO, a good set of shocks, good tires, and a steering stabilizer is all you should really need, and will give you the most benefit, without hindering your riding experience, or breaking the bank.

Extended a-arms are more beneficial on the MX track, Flat Track, or in the Dunes.
(no rocks, ruts, fallen branches, or trees to run into).

Do some reasearch on the many threads about properly set-up 450r shocks, and steering stabilizers,...
and you will easily be saving yourself around $1000 bucks !

good luck .

honda400ex2003
06-24-2010, 07:36 PM
i second the notion! 450r shocks, tires, and stabilizer. the stabilizer is on the list for next year or maybe the end of this year to try it out. the cnc ones are the nicest. steve

416racer
06-24-2010, 08:00 PM
You can go wider a arms with 4-1 off set wheels Then you get more wheel travel with narrow width. I just put +2" arms and now my front matches the rear.

gt400ex
06-25-2010, 02:12 AM
If you are looking to go wider look for good used stuff. You can usually save a good chunk of change that way. The 450 shocks are the best bang for the buck also.

PaRedneckRiders
06-25-2010, 05:20 AM
ok well thanks for some opinions
i dont do much trails riding but when i do all the trails could fit a 50" wide mx quad through with no probs, Theres not to much tight technical stuff

I was thinking about the 450r shocks but ive seen sets or reworked 450r shocks go for just a much as a set of works shocks