PDA

View Full Version : 250 raptor...steerings stiff?

dvx400_boy
06-24-2010, 11:14 AM
ok so we were out riding in jamesville dewitt (for those of you who know where that is) and i did this massive hill climb that you had no run in for and there were like stepps almost so you couldnt just ball to the walls up it. i didnt make it on my dvx. my little bro on his 250 raptor wants to try he gets like an 1/4 of the way. starts sliding back, gets bucked and his quad roles about 4-5 times down this huge *** hill before stopping in some bushes. the only thing that was noticably wrong was the bars were slanted back not bent just the block stripped and we got it back to normal with the stock tools. his motor is fine. frame is straight. his alignment is surprisingly straightish haha but i had to ride it home cause the clutch mount was slide pointing down and it was my quad before his and it seems like it is ALOT harder to turn...and wont "recoup" from turns, like once you turn the bars you have to turn the back the wheels dont go naturally back to straight ahead. if that makes sense? but its not his wheels cause i pulled the front end of the ground and it was still just as hard...could the steering stem be bent?? and his front wheels are slightly lose, but i cant tighten the bolts anymore...could the spindles be broken or somehting?

thanks for the help guys! im gunna try and fix it so we dont need to tell my dad haha

dvx400_boy
06-24-2010, 11:15 AM
this is where it stopped.

http://i50.tinypic.com/xdb0b6.jpg

this is the first 1/4 of it. as you can see its not a straight line.

http://i47.tinypic.com/16kt0qw.jpg

dvx400_boy
06-25-2010, 02:40 PM
no one has an idea? i thinkk the frame is actually bent cause the right front wheel is inline with the outside of the right back wheel. but the left is about halfway in aligned with the rear left... ill post up pics later

bradley300
06-25-2010, 06:20 PM
sounds like that might be the problem

dvx400_boy
06-25-2010, 06:32 PM
anyway that can be fixed?

dvx400_boy
06-25-2010, 06:46 PM
just looked at it with my dad and its a bent steering stem. sprayed some WD-40 down it and its good as new :D also idk the wheels are pretty much even now