View Full Version : no brakes

jtpowell22
06-24-2010, 05:59 AM
I removed the wire harness and now have no brake pressure. Any ideas

Thanks
jp

Coley'sdad#8
06-24-2010, 06:33 AM
Unless you are running electric brakes on your bike there should be no relation between the two. First off what kinda bike ya workin on?? Did ya stand it up, lay it on its side or flip it working on it???? If ya did then probably just got some air in it and needs bleeding. Oh yeah and the obvious did ya check the fluid and look for leaks???????

quadscrib
06-24-2010, 12:26 PM
I suppose that to the unexpeirianced a brake line could look like a wire......didnt remove them did ya? lol joking.
Thats a strange series of events.
BTW we have a heck of a mini and full size adult quad series here in Michigan you should check it out.
Had 28 Minis las weekend at Portland Trail Riders.

quadscrib
06-24-2010, 12:28 PM
BTW front and rear brakes?

jtpowell22
06-24-2010, 02:08 PM
08 Drx 90. Sorry bout that. The more I look at the quad I think I had the bars laying forward when I had the front plastic loose. Guessing the brakes need to be bled. The bars layed like that for about a week.

thanks
jp

#404's Dad
06-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by jtpowell22
08 Drx 90. Sorry bout that. The more I look at the quad I think I had the bars laying forward when I had the front plastic loose. Guessing the brakes need to be bled. The bars layed like that for about a week.

thanks
jp

Yep thats the problem, that the way they ship too and then need bled and it can be tough, I use a vacuum bleeder