PDA

View Full Version : Bay Racing 7/3 &7/4 Who's Going?

wileeviper
06-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Anyone thinking of going?

DAVYS DAD
06-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Woodburys are going.I think its a tough track for the minis,

but the kids seem to like it.

Later
DW

#404's Dad
06-23-2010, 06:55 PM
We'll be there I'm purdy sure, wishin there was a damn race this weekend, we'd be there too lol.

How do the regular non Championship series races work? Practice one day Race the next or??

kimv
06-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Dave, wont you be in PA for the national?

Corey-It's a seperate pts series for D14, they are both race days just like at Portland. Hopefully that made sense?

You can pry count us out):

kimv
06-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Hey how is there kids track? We didnt start racing till after Bay last year so we havent been there. The big track already is scarring me thanks to Brandy!!(;

DAVYS DAD
06-24-2010, 05:06 AM
I thought polkadots was the week of pa.
Later
DW

DAVYS DAD
06-24-2010, 05:13 AM
My bad I Didn't look a the date on the first post.1e will be at nats.
Later
DW

wileeviper
06-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Bay's big track is sweet. (Kim, I was just stupid to half-*** attempt a new jump in the mud, and broke my arm) :rolleyes: All hilly with pine trees all over. There is one jump that the minis will probably need to just roll, as the back side was very steep, but other than that its great.

Blair really liked the small track. It is not terribly wide, but lots of weavy windy turns and a few jumps. (Portland's small track is better)

They have one gate, the mini track goes to the left and the big track goes to the right, kind of cool.

Oh, they use transponders on the big track too, which is cool.

kimv
06-24-2010, 07:13 AM
I did see a youtube video on their website with a helmet cam, it does look cool! The bad thing is it doesnt look like you can see alot of the race because of the trees, is that true? If it is that will make me super nervous!

So hopefully Brody will like the small track then!

I remember you saying something about the transponders, do you have to pay for that too?

Oh and Joel accidentally stole your precious hamburg flipper!! So dont let me forget to give it back to you!

quadscrib
06-24-2010, 07:14 AM
The Scribner team will be there!! Never been there and am anxious!
We are actually planning a few vacation days around that weekend do to the length of the drive and Its nice up in them parts.
EVERYONE says Bay Racing is a great track and people. They are VERY quad friendly up there. The transponder deal is BAD *** I cant wait to try it! Lap times, average speed, etcc can all be figured with transponders.

quadscrib
06-24-2010, 07:35 AM
OOPS!!!! We WILL NOT be at the 7/4-7/4 event. We WILL be at the 8/28-8/29 event....sorry bout that.

Will probly be putting in a new shower/tub plus I have to save $$ for Ollies new axle, Violets nerfs, etc etc....
Im kinda glad Polka Dots is a few weeks away.

wileeviper
06-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Kim, yes you have Bob's precious "grib N flip". BTW there is a reason that is got demoted to the trailer from the house. (Its NOT all they claimed on that infomercial) LOL

We have Joel's Jagermeister sp. Problem is, I like the taste of it... :devil:

The transponder does cost something, I just can't remember how much, and you won't have to rent one for Brody.

wileeviper
06-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Scrib, I was hoping you may go up there in July... I really need someone to tell me what gear to be in to make that damn jump that I hurt myself on last year!:confused:

Sutfin
06-28-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't think you have to pay for the transponder at Bay. At least I don't remember having to. Thane loves the big track there.

Just make sure to walk the track before racing and point out any jumps the shouldn't do there. I think like Brandy said - only one they should roll.

Bay is VERY Quad friendly because owner Rick Zenner (sp?) used to race quads. I do know they have "neighbor" issues so be sure to check out the rules at his website. They are serious about not starting/running quads/bikes before certain times in the morning and no ground fires, although they do have a big fire pit for everyone to enjoy.

#404's Dad
06-30-2010, 11:50 AM
I think we are gonna skip Bay this weekend, pretty long haul for us for what looks to be a very deep sandy track and some pretty strict rules, only my opinion though.

Oh, not sure if they make ya pay for the transponders at their track but when Bay Racing supplied them for the Nationals last year it was $20 each.

Looks like Morlands for us possibly, closer, cheaper and much more laid back which is cool beings its the 4th of July, oh and they are cool with Fireworks as long as ya clean up after yourself and don't get too carried away.

wileeviper
07-01-2010, 07:03 AM
I don't think we will be at bay either. I really need the riding time, but we will just have to ride here or head up to morelands maybe sunday.

#404's Dad
07-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by wileeviper
I don't think we will be at bay either. I really need the riding time, but we will just have to ride here or head up to morelands maybe sunday.

Ya'll should come up for the weekend and let the boys burn some fuel and energy off!!

wileeviper
07-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Sounds like a plan :cool:

#404's Dad
07-05-2010, 02:17 PM
So how many ended up going to Bay, anyone know?