PDA

View Full Version : What a game. (World Cup content)

feuerstack411
06-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Well the good ol' USA shocked the world today by scoring the winning goal in stoppage time against Algeria. Which means, for the first time since 1930 the U.S is the winners of their group, beating England. We were supposed to get 2nd at best.

It was an intense game, after we got robbed of two legit goals by some terrible reffing, missing what it seemed like a million shots, and some more terrible calls by the refs( Dempsey getting elbowed in the face ), Donovan came out of NOWHERE in the 90th minute and scored the winning goal.

Germany won their match against Ghana today, which means we play Ghana on Saturday.
Germany plays England on Sunday, which should be epic. Germany vs England is the biggest rivalry out there.

I know 99% of you probably aren't soccer fans, but you should be proud of the U.S team.

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2010/06/23/PH2010062303710.jpg

buck440
06-23-2010, 02:59 PM
is this the game with the guy that had a vuvuzela stuck in his ***?

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s6i77279

bomberman
06-23-2010, 03:12 PM
I hate the game. Would rather watch paint dry...

yellowzo3
06-23-2010, 04:17 PM
It was intense for sure.

But these horrible calls are unacceptable at World Cup level. If the US would have been eliminated I think there would have been an outrage from the US team as well as many others.

Messing up a call on a winning goal is bad enough, but when it happens twice to one team and its STILL in group stages? Ehh... somethings up. Especially the obvious elbow to Dempseys face. Somethings fishy.

Anyway its awesome that they're advancing now!

The little interview with Donovan after the game showed his maturity and I think he kept his cool MUCH more than any of us would when they asked him about the disallowed goal.

If it happens again in the next round I'd have no doubt in my mind that someone is doing their best to prevent the US from advancing. Calls like that happen to a team once in their entire World Cup carreer... Happening twice in 2 games? Missed call on obvious intentional elbow near or in the box? Hmmm....

I'm pumped US is in though!! Hats off to the team for not giving up and best of luck to 'em!

Now if only we didn't have to get up so early to watch most of the games :p

ATVMX33
06-23-2010, 05:58 PM
i watched it..great game!

nemo25
06-23-2010, 09:06 PM
very shocking world cup a lot of lower ranked teams are proving themselves but lets get real Brasil might take this one home

feuerstack411
06-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by bomberman
I hate the game. Would rather watch paint dry...

So you opened this thread why? GTFO troll.

feuerstack411
06-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
It was intense for sure.

But these horrible calls are unacceptable at World Cup level. If the US would have been eliminated I think there would have been an outrage from the US team as well as many others.

Messing up a call on a winning goal is bad enough, but when it happens twice to one team and its STILL in group stages? Ehh... somethings up. Especially the obvious elbow to Dempseys face. Somethings fishy.

Anyway its awesome that they're advancing now!

The little interview with Donovan after the game showed his maturity and I think he kept his cool MUCH more than any of us would when they asked him about the disallowed goal.

If it happens again in the next round I'd have no doubt in my mind that someone is doing their best to prevent the US from advancing. Calls like that happen to a team once in their entire World Cup carreer... Happening twice in 2 games? Missed call on obvious intentional elbow near or in the box? Hmmm....

I'm pumped US is in though!! Hats off to the team for not giving up and best of luck to 'em!

Now if only we didn't have to get up so early to watch most of the games :p

Yeah the reffing in these games have been terrible to say the least. Did you see the Germany vs Serbia game? Serbia didn't beat Germany, the refs did.

I'm just happy we don't have to play Germany in the group of 16

feuerstack411
06-23-2010, 11:07 PM
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp354/Hellrotred/hulk-hogan-image.jpg

mxduner
06-24-2010, 02:24 AM
I was not a fan of the game at all, but after watching these 3 games, i will admit, it's been very exciting. I just cannot believe all the missed shots in that game.

I won't comment on the reffing, because i don't know much about the sport, but it sure seemed strange...:huh

derekhonda
06-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Yes. The USA is gonna have to step it up to keep advancing. I know we won our group, but lets be honest, that game yesterday just as easily could have been 8 to 6 with either team winning. It was especially exciting because there were so many fast breaks and decent looks at the goal, and I am really really really surprised the score ended up 1-0.

yellowzo3
06-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Yes. The USA is gonna have to step it up to keep advancing. I know we won our group, but lets be honest, that game yesterday just as easily could have been 8 to 6 with either team winning. It was especially exciting because there were so many fast breaks and decent looks at the goal, and I am really really really surprised the score ended up 1-0.

Yeah, unfortunately if we want to win the Cup the US is going to have to start making more of those shots. We made 2 out of like 20 yesterday :p ... A few of them seemed like they had no chance of missing and idk why this happens but when they cross the ball to the center some of the US players just aren't paying attention to the ball and no ones there to kick it into the goal. Happened a couple times :(

Hopefully they review some video and those mistakes will become a thing of the past
:cool:

J.Brown121
06-24-2010, 10:24 AM
I went nuts when landon scored:D I'm pretty excited about the game on saturday, but Ghana has Drogba and that dude is a BEAST. I think we can pull out a win there though.

J.Brown121
06-25-2010, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by J.Brown121
but Ghana has Drogba and that dude is a BEAST.

Just so we're clear, I'm an idiot. Drogba plays for the Ivory coast lol. I have no idea why I thought it was Ghana, but about 2hrs after I posted this I felt like a complete fool because I realized what I said lol

feuerstack411
06-25-2010, 08:38 AM
ESPN and the likes have been saying that we could even make it to the final four :eek:

nemo25
06-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by feuerstack411
ESPN and the likes have been saying that we could even make it to the final four :eek:

lol

quadbod
06-26-2010, 03:00 PM
I'll get my commiseration's in now, there is no way USA will score another goal. Still shi+ as ever. HaHa.

yellowzo3
06-26-2010, 03:03 PM
:( sucks. Ghana wasted so much time lying on the ground but there's nothing we can do now.

US should have came out swinging in the first half instead of dilly dallying around the field watching the ball roll by.

quadbod
06-26-2010, 03:28 PM
No good crying now. It's all over for you guys. Better luck next time.;)

yellowzo3
06-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by quadbod
No good crying now. It's all over for you guys. Better luck next time.;)

whoa whoa whoa lol... where are you from? Please don't say Canada because then you're just making it too easy! :p

feuerstack411
06-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
whoa whoa whoa lol... where are you from? Please don't say Canada because then you're just making it too easy! :p

and it would be even worse if he said he was from England, because tomorrow is going to be a biltzkreig on the English.

quadbod
06-27-2010, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by feuerstack411
and it would be even worse if he said he was from England, because tomorrow is going to be a biltzkreig on the English.

Engalnd!! We're going to wipe the floor with the crouts today.

The only blitzkrieg going on was USA getting there backsides wiped by Ghana!

Shi+ wipe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c18zU79e2m8)

quadbod
06-27-2010, 09:45 AM
All I can say is BLITZKRIEG!

**hangs head in shame**

J.Brown121
06-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by quadbod
All I can say is BLITZKRIEG!

**hangs head in shame**

At least you came back and owned up to y'alls *** whippin' lol. I have to give you props for that ;)

quadbod
06-27-2010, 10:21 AM
it was an f'in shambles.