PDA

View Full Version : wHiCh is FaSter?!?

yellowrider
11-28-2001, 05:30 PM
hey i know you all have been getting alot of questions what is fastest quad i just want to make a poll for it .

i will have another one dealing with speeds.

i am just wondering i like quads i have been alround them all my life and only thing i ever have done is drag race. parents wont let me do anything else or less i get a dirtbike.

i had a yamaha 125 yz for a year and loved it on a trail in roads but not on hill climbs and going through creeks.

so i thought i get me another quad

well i picked a 300ex wanted a warrior but my parents said the 300ex will last longer with me cause i am really rough on quads so they made me get that. or a honda rancher but i got the 300ex

anyways i was wondering if i got the slowest quad in its class???

i know it is 90 percent rider and 10 percent quad but when you are wide open going down a road which one would be faster??

warrior
250 mojavo
blaster
300ex
trail blazer
400 scrambler

in my opinion the

scrambler
300ex-warrior
mojavo
trail blazer
blaster
250ex

i am talking about top speeds not accelration cause if that was the case wouldnt the blaster come first>?

anyways tell me if my opinions are right or wrong and feel free to post your opinoions to

i would like to know when i race somebody waht to expect.

:grr race it like you stoled it :grr

Poncho
11-28-2001, 06:25 PM
I don't worry about top speeds and all that.I want my ex to perform better all around then on top end.We have a homemade mx track and I can get this one kid every race and he has a 330ex and let me tell you he can ride.:blah

Just my 2since:macho

11-28-2001, 06:40 PM
you made right dec. on getting a 300ex.
i owned a warrior, and rode with a mojave, blaster, 250ex and all the others you listed.

i also rode all those quads and like the 300ex the best.

freakystone
11-29-2001, 05:12 PM
A mojave is faster than a Warrior and a Blaster. And for a few hundred dollars you can make a Mojave run with a 400EX. It just wont handle like one.

11-29-2001, 05:14 PM
here are the 10000% correct answers to your question

scrambler
warrior
blaster
mojave/300ex
250ex
trailblazer

11-29-2001, 05:15 PM
freaky stone i think you meant a couple thousand dollars and trust me a warrior and blaster destroy mojaves

freakystone
11-29-2001, 05:25 PM
Afraid you are wrong. I just sold a 2001 Mojave and still own a 2001 Warrior. My brother rides a Blaster and the Blaster kills the Warrior and the Mojave kills both. I dont mean beats them by a few feet, I mean kill. 300yd drag = 5 to 6 quads.

Look at the engine in the Mojave. dual overhead cam, 4 vavle head, liquid cooled 11:1 compression ratio. I laugh when people who dont know about a Mojave comments based on the fact that it is only a 250. Yeah, it is a 14 yea old design, but other than a Raptor, and the new Suzuki, who utilizes that technology?

A warrior has a 2 valve head, single cam and no liquid cooling.

Do you homework and go to bed boy's.

11-29-2001, 05:40 PM
yes i know the mojave has a highly advanced engine compared to most quads and no i dont judge it is slower because of it being a 250, nor would i say a a 250r is slower than a 300ex because it is 250[ cause i know it is a 2 stroke] but i have also raced them all and ridden them all and owned all except the mojave and i did timed drags with them all , also atvsport did tests ,on the blaster and mojave with the mojave losing in the drag race in top speed and acceleration to blaster , we just had a drag race between a white brothers equipped mojave and a stock blaster and a stock 300ex and a stock warrior the blaster and warrior tied at the end [ the blaster would have won if it wasnt at top speed at the end]
and then came the mojave and 300ex side by side[ well actually the 300 lost but like 3 feet] but this always happens it seems 2 people never get the same results

11-29-2001, 05:44 PM
wait what about this few hundred dollars to make it beat a 400ex , we raced a 400ex against the same pipe mojave and me on my fo hundred today and both 400s destroyed it and the pipe was 300 and that is a few hundred dollars. i believe it might be possible but i just wanna know how, i have lots of ideas but i wanna know what you think

Red Rooster
11-29-2001, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by yellowrider

scrambler
300ex-warrior
mojavo
trail blazer
blaster
250ex

:grr race it like you stoled it :grr
i'm pretty shure you got the right order but the blaster & trailblazer should maybe be switched around

11-29-2001, 06:48 PM
i agree with raptakilla. but u usually dont race on open roads aroud here. usually in the pits and its all rider and acceloration.

Corey

330exracer
11-29-2001, 07:16 PM
my 2 cents
the ol 300 is slow but can out handle any quad in its class. the warrior is the fastest but blaster and mojave are very close. but to bad their like driving a freakin tank

11-29-2001, 07:27 PM
I have owned both the 400ex and the Mojave. The 400ex (at the time) was all stock except a White Brothers exhaust. My friend (who weighs about 70 lbs. less than I do) rode the Mojave, and I rode the Ex, and it was ALWAYS close. A couple times he beat me. That Mojave pulled me around like more than a 250, and, although it handled badly and wasn't too exciting, wheelied like crazy with the clutch. If you are a smaller guy and like the Mojave, go for it.

Lil90man!!
11-30-2001, 08:11 PM
ok this is just my opinion but top speed the 250ex should be right behing the 300ex!!!! the 250 is one fast mo fo lol, my friend has one and he can almost outrun me on topend

330exracer
11-30-2001, 08:53 PM
what no 250ex is gonna be close to the 300 you must be retarted or something.i dunno or 300 is a pos. which i think it is if what u said is true if it is sell it get a 400

96300ex
11-30-2001, 11:25 PM
The 250ex will go 53 mph, 2mph slower than the 300ex (according to a cop i did some work for's radar gun) That is because the 250 is geared so damn high. what good is that top speed if it takes forever to get there? I drag race my neihbors 250 and i slaughtered him. he didn't hit top speed going down our court, i was hitting the rev limiter in 5th gear. not flamin' you 250 guy, just stating my experience.

yellowrider
12-01-2001, 12:47 PM
yeah...... i odnt know what i was thinking when i pit the said the trial blazer is faster.

i mean to say

Re: wHiCh is FaSter?!?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scrambler
300ex-warrior
mojavo
blaster
trail blazer
250ex

i was in a hurry when i type this..

race it like you stoled it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i will find out today i thinik we are riding at what we call a sand pit and we are just going to ride are 4 wheelers there and instreead of loading them up in the back of the truck.. we have everything blasters warriors raptors banshees, scramblers mojavos .

i let you kjnow what happends if we do any racing...

Hardcore Icon
12-01-2001, 01:44 PM
For top speed this would be the order

400 Scrambler
Warrior
Blaster
250 Mojave
300ex
Trail Blazer

Don't let top speed be the only factor that you use to decide on!

Icon

BANSHEEadam
12-01-2001, 03:31 PM
Icon hit it on the head there... and look he didn't use 3rd person to do it! just kiddin icon, but you did get that order right. I'm not for certain with the blaster and warrior top end, though. Two guys I know, one with a blaster, other with a warrior, always race and I thought the warrior only beat the blaster after he took his baffle out. But, different people get different results. Still pretty close.

Hardcore Icon
12-01-2001, 04:52 PM
That's cool ADAM..... the Icon rides his 300ex sometimes with his friend The Whole F'n Show, who owns a Blaster. Show's Blaster beats the Icon's 300ex by a few mph, though we never have GPS'ed it yet (soon, the Blaster is broken down right now, lol).

The Blaster is not quite as fast as a neighbors Warrior, but very close! Not bad for a 195cc machine!

Of course the Icon's 400ex kills them both! ;-)

Feel free to check out the Icon's and Whole F'n Show's home page, www.geocities.com/wholefnhardcoreatv or come over to the Usenet Newsgroup alt.atv

Be cool,

Icon

yellowrider
12-01-2001, 05:12 PM
hey i have some results...

today when we went to the sand pit and we seen whose fourwheeler was the faster it was the ........

Banshee
Raptor
400ex
then me 300ex
mojave
blaster
trailblazer

this was at the end of the road all of us had are 4 wheelers wide open from the start it was total different everything was in a differnent order but at the end that is how we finished

only person i dragged race was shannon on his raptor and he smoked the crap out of me. he also smoked the crap out of the 400

he was nothing compared to that banshee that thing was bad as hell!!! that thing was awesome!!

only thing that i noticed about the trail blazer is that if you go up hills and there is curves and stuff or bumps it is really easy going up it cause you are always in the right gear.

blaster was awesome from the take off thats about it
not all that smooth like my ex

the banshee the speed and acceleration made of for it it was bad

i didnt ride the raptor though. or the mojavo

12-01-2001, 05:40 PM
did any have any mods??? I heard a raptor is faster than a banshee 69 to 71.

Hardcore Icon
12-01-2001, 07:58 PM
Raptor will beat the Banshee.... not by a lot, but it will win. The fastest that we GPS'ed the neighbors 95 Banshee was 77 mph, and that was on the road. Then he raced the Raptor and it won just by a little bit (maybe 79 mph, but that's just a guess). Very close off the line, Banshee can even take the lead if it's done right.

As the Icon said before, here is the other GPS results that we have done in the past;

Stock 250R- 71 mph
Stock 400ex- 67 mph
Stock 300ex- 55 mph

All results were with no wind, around 40 degrees, and at 300 feet elevation.

The Blaster is faster than the 300ex and so is the Warrior, but neither is faster by a lot. Couple mph at best.

The Mojave is very close to the 300ex, so a race between the two machines is going to come down to the rider (skill and weight), but if the Icon had to pick he would say that the Mojave is just a bit faster.

As for the guy who claimed that a few hundred bucks makes the Mojave competative with the 400ex, he is just plain wrong. They are not even close. Not trying to flame the guy either, but he came over to the newsgroup alt.atv a while ago and claimed the same thing.

The Icon is hoping to GPS the Whole F'n Show's Blaster soon, once it gets running. And possibly get it out and check the top end of the 400ex again after some of the mod's.

You can check out photo's of the Icon's machines at www.geocities.com/wholefnhardcoreatv

Icon

12-01-2001, 09:07 PM
My blaster has beaten the scrambler w/ an fmf and a 300ex bored out with other stuff.

yellowrider
12-01-2001, 10:51 PM
the banshee was fully moded almost anything you can think of was on there.

tey was a blaster moded there also and also a stock one but the moded one was sick and he was baby it. so i didnt get a chance to see if mine out ran him

yellowrider
12-06-2001, 04:02 PM
I'm trying to decide which would be the more sporty ride. The Craftsman 42" mower or a mojave.
The mower has 16.5 hp. Thats 1.5 more than the mojave. It also has 6 gears compared to the Kaw's 5. The mower is also 80 pounds lighter, which would give it better acceleration and hill climbing. Both are 4 strokes so I wouldn't have to confuse myself trying to mix oil. Both have a neat old school "block" shape and green color. The mower has a tighter turn radius, lower center of gravity, and more modern suspension. Both machines command respect on and off the track. Anybody own a jumpinmojave or Craftsman mower that could give thier opinion?
PS - Neither quad has a selection of aftermarket parts. This is a bonus becuse I could just say "I could beat you, if your's wasn't modded" when people beat me.

my friend tuyped this in a different form its also in the yammy forum hey does anybody know the kawasaki form?

MOFO
12-06-2001, 04:19 PM
yellowrider....your posts are becoming the #1 waste of bandwidth. What is the point of your posts. This is the motor forum....

yellowrider
12-06-2001, 05:12 PM
gosh who cares what form it is in???? why does everybody gotta be so serious all the time. why cant anybody take a joke i think it is pretty funny

any body agree with me

MOFO
12-06-2001, 08:03 PM
Ummmm, the reason there are different FORUMS is so that you can post your thread ON TOPIC. Its a pretty simple idea to follow...keeps all the posts organized.

Eric

stevengates45
12-07-2001, 04:33 PM
there was a mojave at the track 1 night. on alcohol, big cam, bored, ported, shaved head, couldnt even beat a stock banshee

4punksdad
12-08-2001, 06:38 PM
I'm trying to decide which would be the more sporty ride. The Craftsman 42" mower or a mojave.
The mower has 16.5 hp. Thats 1.5 more than the mojave. It also has 6 gears compared to the Kaw's 5. The mower is also 80 pounds lighter, which would give it better acceleration and hill climbing. Both are 4 strokes so I wouldn't have to confuse myself trying to mix oil. Both have a neat old school "block" shape and green color. The mower has a tighter turn radius, lower center of gravity, and more modern suspension. Both machines command respect on and off the track. Anybody own a jumpinmojave or Craftsman mower that could give thier opinion?
PS - Neither quad has a selection of aftermarket parts. This is a bonus becuse I could just say "I could beat you, if your's wasn't modded" when people beat me.

my friend tuyped this in a different form its also in the yammy forum hey does anybody know the kawasaki form?

LOL......that is quite funny.
you forgot to mention the mower has electric start, a decent air filter and better headlights, which makes it the clear winner over the mojave :o

pirateman
09-15-2004, 06:50 PM
i ride a tb 400 and it will do 75 mph. a 300 ex won't even come close to that