PDA

View Full Version : new racer

jtalleman
06-22-2010, 08:30 PM
im not new to riding i jump little **** biggest jump was 30 ft. but i got my first race coming up in july at a fair and i need pointers to work on and what to expect im just racing in begginners since its my first. and i have 10 inch rims 22 inch rears and 21 inchf ronts do i need to resize my tires smaller or does it matter

TRXRacer1
06-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by jtalleman
im not new to riding i jump little **** biggest jump was 30 ft. but i got my first race coming up in july at a fair and i need pointers to work on and what to expect im just racing in begginners since its my first. and i have 10 inch rims 22 inch rears and 21 inchf ronts do i need to resize my tires smaller or does it matter You don't "need" to resize but going smaller on the rear will help. I doubt it will be worth the money for your first race in the beginner's class. Run as is and if you find MX is your thing then start spending money.

jtalleman
06-22-2010, 08:43 PM
do i need to do anthing special to the bike ie. kil switch safety wires

TRXRacer1
06-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by jtalleman
do i need to do anthing special to the bike ie. kil switch safety wires Depending on the track rules you probably will need a tether switch (kill) and nerfs. Might need riding boots too. Is there a number or email you can contact someone about the requirements for this event?

matt14c
06-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Most the fair races are a supercross style you may want to run a 14 t front sprocket if your not already. You will want low end you prolly wont leave 3rd gear. 18 rear tires would help but again not worth the money unless you know your going to continue to race. If then you will want atleast itp baja wheels or beadlocks if you have the cash. You will most definitly need a tether. Nerf bars possible and you wont need riding boots but i think most places require like 8 inch tall boots absolutely no shoes. Those fair races are usually tight i would practice your holeshots then get out front and block! Sounds cheap but ive seen some pretty bad riders who dont jump or ride that well do pretty good in those races in the beginners classes by that method. You will want to get there early do a track walk take it easy watch some of the advanced guys in practice. Jumping in a race on a supercross setup track for mainly the purpose of bikes is alot different then jumpin behind you or your buddys house! Be safe have fun watcht he other quads when your not riding and worry about you during the race. Will be a huge learning experience for ya.

JOHNDOE83
06-23-2010, 06:43 PM
deffinetly find a contact number for the requirements.

for your tires, id get a smaller front sproket like stated before, 14 should be ok if you got a 39t on the back, I have alot of mods and I drag race with 22in rears, 14/39 gearing, but I have alot of power going to those big tires, you may want a 13t front and 39t for the back, after your race decide whether you want to spend money on new tires.