PDA

View Full Version : Portland 19th & 20th ?

wileeviper
06-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Since the thread "disappeared" I just wanted to report that there was a GREAT turn out at Portland.
The weather worked out finally, and the mini quads came out of the wood-work! 28 minis was the figure I heard, which outnumbered the big quads by QUITE A BIT. LOL.

PTR did a great job running the program, and the track was perfect.

Remember there is still another race at Portland in the ATV Championship series Sept. 12th, plus a D14 racing weekend July 24 & 25. :D

magna-007
06-23-2010, 06:29 AM
It was a great day. Couldnt have asked for better weather.
Good job PTR.

#404's Dad
06-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by wileeviper
Since the thread "disappeared" I just wanted to report that there was a GREAT turn out at Portland.
The weather worked out finally, and the mini quads came out of the wood-work! 28 minis was the figure I heard, which outnumbered the big quads by QUITE A BIT. LOL.

PTR did a great job running the program, and the track was perfect.

Remember there is still another race at Portland in the ATV Championship series Sept. 12th, plus a D14 racing weekend July 24 & 25. :D

Yeah it disappeared that's for sure, glad I saved/printed a copy before it was edited and then deleted, lots of Good, Positive and Professional information straight form the D14 Mini Quad Chairman.

It was our first D14 Event and wow was it fun, HUGE mini quad turn out as you said and lots of fast riders to compete with, way better than we have even seen at ANY local type race, hands down!! We didn't get to mingle and meet as many as we would have liked to this round with being new to the Series and MX in general along with trying to make sure we were on time and doing things correctly but next time I am sure we will.

Also, I'd like to get some Flyers or Brochures down here @ our shop to give to customers to maybe get even more riders up there, we get quite a few riders through here from kids to seniors so worth a try.

Oh almost forgot, Kim I have a copy of Photo Shop CS if that will help ya out at all, the disc looks rough but should work ok I think, if you wanna try it shoot me your address and I'll get it headed your way ;)

wileeviper
06-23-2010, 01:55 PM
I have a handful of flyers left that I will send out to you tomorrow.
Thanks for offering to put them out!

DAVYS DAD
06-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the kind words,they really mean alot:D. I hope your family can make it to the next one its a great time!!! Just for the record I'm not the mini quad chairman just a nominated rep and a poor old boy from laingstucky MI who loves to help kids get the chance to race.See ya at the next one.

Later
DW

quadscrib
06-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanx for the kind words about our series and the Portland event in general Cory. I get a pretty warm feeling remembering what that track looked like with minis ALL OVER the place!!! What a success for our District and series!!!!!!!! Really legitimizes the minis on the big track to all the whiny bike guys who resisted giving them motos. I bet Caddilac is feeling stupid.....
I hope that turnout stimulates some growth. Might be the Michigan racers you wanna look out for in the Nats..lol.

#404's Dad
06-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Received the Fliers today, thanks Brandy

wileeviper
06-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Great! Thanks for helping get the word out on D14 :D