PDA

View Full Version : Why are there so little?

MrcsBud2
06-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Ive actually never seen an atk450 quad out here in the desert. I was looking at them and damn near 50hp comming out of this bike stock. There nice and pretty much as race ready as the ktm's. Is there just not enough parts for these or are they just hunks of junk?

tayyo789
06-22-2010, 10:15 PM
I think most people just don't want to find parts for them. They are rare enough that I can imagine the parts are expensive as well. Nice bikes though IMO

Robsuephil
06-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Suprisingly parts are affordable.
This is a cannondale that has been re-tagged.
In my opinion you would be much better off to buy a Cannondale that has been updated with all the little goodies that are required to make them reliable. You can get a really nice machine for under $4k that is like new.
And they are screamers. Robert

witech
06-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Atk's that were dyno tested put out 38 hp. About 1 hp more than the stock cannondale due to them being a true 450cc engine. Atk ended up being just a temporary parts warehouse for factory parts as well as custom assembling thier own version from off the shelf parts.
As far as parts ebay is still drowning in large quantities of NOS . Anything else you could possibly need is still just a phone call away from several vendors.
Acounting pulled the plug on production due to the fact that even though they were showing a profit the last year it wasnt enough to insure the protection of the company as a whole.
In a way it was a blessing as they had enough parts on the shelf to build nearly as many quads as they had made previously. Which is why demand keep the costs for such a expensive quad low. That and having such a small group of owners who finished the design development on thier own. To own a dale requires more effort than just going down to the dealer and writing a check. Unless you buy one that has been reworked you will have to do the research and build one from the ground up with all the updates. We have also shown throughout the years that they can be built to get power that would cost many times more to match with any other quad.
For the future they will remain the same ,a high level low cost quad that will be for those who want something unique .