PDA

View Full Version : yamaha warrior no spark...

Clay200X
06-22-2010, 12:20 PM
well i got another warrior for parts, took the wirein harnest out and the stator and put it on to my better bike, ran fine, so i went wheelin today with a few buddys and it went thru all kinds of mud and up so hills, well i went down a hill and decided to turn around so i put it in reverse and backed around then it died, i don't remember if i had it in forward yet or not but it had to die at the bottom of the slickest hill and in the slickest mud... so after we pulled it around thru the woods with a sportsman we got out and on the road i tried to pull start it but no spark... it's got me stumped...anyone know of anything?

fmftrx300ex
06-22-2010, 03:10 PM
oviously its water related and most likly a leak around ur sator cover

Clay200X
06-22-2010, 06:06 PM
haha really water no! ;) but if it was a leak around the stator cover wouldn't it leak oil? idk i'll check that thanks for the sugestion

brian 68
06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
first off i havn't worked on any warriors, but the early raptors had alot of prob's with the rev limiter in reverse, might look in that direction, try by passing it completly. also check your bar switches.

Clay200X
06-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by brian 68
first off i havn't worked on any warriors, but the early raptors had alot of prob's with the rev limiter in reverse, might look in that direction, try by passing it completly. also check your bar switches.

all the safety switches are by-passed...clutch + parkin brake its all gone... how would u check ur bar switches? mine if it's the switch is in the "off" position it don't turn over it has to be in the "run" position to crank over and run, i just replaced the stator so i hope a little water don't hurt it

brian 68
06-22-2010, 06:34 PM
just pull the bar switch off the bars, incase its grounding out. or try unpluging it. not to be smart, but did you replace the plug? also check the wire conections starting at your stator, did your pickup on the stator have any adjustment? might want to pull the cover and check for problems. also you mentioned a parts bike , switch the cdi box

Clay200X
06-22-2010, 07:43 PM
just pull the bar switch off the bars, incase its grounding out. or try unpluging it. not to be smart, but did you replace the plug? also check the wire conections starting at your stator, did your pickup on the stator have any adjustment? might want to pull the cover and check for problems. also you mentioned a parts bike , switch the cdi box

the wiring was different when i switched the stator last week so at that time i put the other wiring harness on too, so the cdi's are different plug-in's
so i'll check tomorow mornin if there is any juice coming from the stator, then ill figure somethin out with the cdi but i don't get how it'd run good then all of a sudden quit sparking...whats the cdi box even do?

Clay200X
06-24-2010, 08:31 PM
well i checked evey thing and im convinced it's the cdi... the old stator is bad i know so i am gonna git a kit that has the stator + pick up coil + cdi + coil w/plug wire in it and it comes with a gasket and a spark plug + 2 fancy bulbs...oh and it's got a year warranty...so...
theres a link for yall if u wanna check it out
http://www.rmstator.com/en/atv/yamaha/yfm_350_warrior/kits/stator_ignition_coil_cdi_gasket_yfm_350_warrior_97-01_/1997-2001/5517.htm

brian 68
06-25-2010, 05:48 PM
i have seen combo deal like that on ebay. i would double check and wrap you old harness, anywhere it could rub, and re clean all the connectors. and especialy the grounds, add a couple extra grounds.
weak grounds will burn up electrical part's

Clay200X
06-26-2010, 09:29 PM
i have seen combo deal like that on ebay. i would double check and wrap you old harness, anywhere it could rub, and re clean all the connectors. and especialy the grounds, add a couple extra grounds.
weak grounds will burn up electrical part's

done it haha i unwrapped all the tape and checked for any nic's in any wires and mad some repairs and retaped it all up pertty damn tight