PDA

View Full Version : xc or sx

hlban409
06-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Would it be a bad idea to narrow a 505 for in the woods. Thinking about doing something different I know that a 525 xc would be great just wonder how power compares. I've read that both pull great on bottom

who_gives_a6
07-03-2010, 12:50 PM
XC's. Good power, tons of low end, reliable.
SX's. Even better power, a tad less on the low end, rebuilds required much sooner.

The SX is a built race motor. If you're not racing MX you will want an XC just b/c of how much more you'll be redbuilding. I bought an XC to race MX just b/c the style of my track riding played into better characteristics on the XC. But I'd wait on the SX's right now for the woods.

Quadevil
07-03-2010, 07:26 PM
I rode a 505SX (akrapovic slip on) and a 525XC (hmf complete) and the 505 pulled harder in the bottom, pulled even more harder in the mid and rocket pulled in the top. The 525XC way behind so go figure.
The 505 is a sick engine, you'd have to get a LTR480/490 properly tuned to face it :devil:

jzexrider
10-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by who_gives_a6
XC's. Good power, tons of low end, reliable.
SX's. Even better power, a tad less on the low end, rebuilds required much sooner.

The SX is a built race motor. If you're not racing MX you will want an XC just b/c of how much more you'll be redbuilding. I bought an XC to race MX just b/c the style of my track riding played into better characteristics on the XC. But I'd wait on the SX's right now for the woods.

1. Why do the SX engines need rebuilt sooner than the XCs?

2. Hows the XC do on the track in stock form?

who_gives_a6
10-19-2010, 05:12 PM
The SX's are a complete race engine. Not even remotely close the one in the XC's. That's the main reason for more rebuilds. A high strung engine built for max power.

I rode an XC stock awhile back. Decent on track but needs some shock work and such for track. My XC is modded out but extremely fast on track. I've only had one ride on a track with an SX at same time. Mine has high comp piston and porting and held pretty well, but unless you're gonna go race each weekend, I don't see why you'd need to go for the SX. Just my $.02.

jzexrider
10-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks. The XC is definately better for what im doin with it.

speednut3
11-19-2010, 10:59 AM
I built a 505 SX for GNCC & it is amazing.......

http://www.********forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42406

speednut3
11-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by speednut3
I built a 505 SX for GNCC & it is amazing.......

http://www.********forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42406

WOW !!! Cant believe you cant even say another websites name on here......:confused: Well the initials are Q.Z.