PDA

View Full Version : how hard is it to be accepted into the Race program from BRP?

m0t0xk1d
06-21-2010, 10:13 PM
that my question. how hard is it really. Im looking to move up to the 450 class when i turn 16 ( i know you can run the 450s at 15 but you cant enter race program until your 16). all the dealers around here make it sound like it is extremely hard to get excepted.

Some info about me. im 4th in points right now in youth b on a 300ex and when i plan on moving up i plan to run production c and 4stroke c and maybe b classes

Foxstar45
06-22-2010, 08:48 AM
It's not hard at all. You'll get accepted f'show!

craigmacphee
06-22-2010, 08:57 AM
The racer program is really not a big deal. I signed up for it and all it did was void my warranty for me. They made it sound like I'd get "inside" racers information. That was a joke. The guys here and my friends have given me way more inside racer information than anyone from BRP.

The biggest incentive for me was the $1000 gift card.

coryatver
06-23-2010, 06:09 AM
it is not hard at all they love voiding your warranty for you!

Foxstar45
06-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Buy a motocross bike and let me know how much warranty you got with it. My guess is none or 30 days. They do more than void your warranty. It's $500 off the quad, $1000 gift card, a motoworks pipe, and %75 off certain parts kits if you buy an 08 and want the wide stance and long travel shocks. Which is below dealer cost even. That's like $2000 worth of stuff miniumum.

TNT
06-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Foxstar45
Buy a motocross bike and let me know how much warranty you got with it. My guess is none or 30 days. They do more than void your warranty. It's $500 off the quad, $1000 gift card, a motoworks pipe, and %75 off certain parts kits if you buy an 08 and want the wide stance and long travel shocks. Which is below dealer cost even. That's like $2000 worth of stuff miniumum.

Exactly...ppl above that knock CA for warantte void have obviously never read the fine print on other OEM's...you race it void period!..so called "race ready quads". ....btw most health ins policies void you too....so there a legal reasons.

Reasoning: If you designed a SAE approved configuration for racing warantee then covered every Tom, Dick, and Jane racer that deviated from it some not knowing what they are doing, others that may, or at least claim, can you imagine the "under warantee configuration" control not to mention legal ramifications? You'd loose your shirt... put yourself on the other side of the fence....Next time you sell your race quad give a one year warantee and your DOT safety stamp of approval, while your at it allow the new owner to race it, add other mods, change what you sold them at will, etc..... Then picture doing it for 2-3,000 of them/yr/tracking, etc......:rolleyes:

HOBS DS450
06-23-2010, 11:50 PM
I totally agree! I wish I purchased my quad under the rider support program but it was not out at the time. I purchased for more than they go for right now and had to buy all the stuff they give/sell at discounted prices. In fact I'm still trying to piece it all together. Who else is supporting the sport like Can Am???

It doesn't matter what sport it is. If you race, your going to break stuff/have stuff fail. It comes with the territory. I know that I will have my problems with the quad but I love it. When the problems come up I'll fix them and keep going.

I just raced this weekend, rd 4 of the ITP series. Once again only two of us on Can Am's there and both of us missed out on the program. Good luck if you choose to apply for the program, I'm sure they will approve you. I just ask one thing of the people that get on with the program... RACE!!!

DVXchic
06-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Go with Can Am for sure, the support program is awesome, where else you gonna get free stuff from an OEM. Not to mention the MX is a great machine out of the box, no need to drop thousands in it right away, if you want you can do a little at a time, or just ride it.
I run a small series up here in Canada and had no problem getting accepted so you should be fine.

m0t0xk1d
06-24-2010, 04:59 PM
are the 08s worth getting? ive saw that people say dont get an 08? the dealer aroun here has one for 4 grand and with the racer program i can get 2 grande off of an 08 which would make it 2 grand for the quad. is it worth it or shoudl i just go with an 09?

Foxstar45
06-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Buy 2 for $2000 then get the MX kit installed on it. I can't believe they are selling them for that cheap. Do you get the $1000 parts card with them to?

m0t0xk1d
06-24-2010, 06:48 PM
im not sure if i get the parts card or not, is that from the dealer or BRP? on the website it says nothing about a parts card that i can find it just shows the 75% off parts that all add up to about $1000. if i got the parts card that means i would have to buy any mx parts with my own money and i would definitely grab 2 for 4 grand. where could i get info on the aprts card?

morgan#53
06-25-2010, 02:19 AM
i am having problems with my dealer right now over the price i should have paid for my quad under the program he is saying the $2000 discount is only off retail price not the $4000 price. has anyone else herd that to or is this guy trying to keep my $2000

Foxstar45
06-25-2010, 08:56 AM
The $1000 parts card is from BRP. They pay the dealer $600 thats why it is $1000 of parts/accessories at retail other wise the dealer looses money to sell you parts.
The quad rebate is only $1000 on 08s and $500 on 09s. Someone that got '$2000' off really only got $1000 from BRP.
Your dealer isn't jerking you around.

Foxstar45
06-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by m0t0xk1d
im not sure if i get the parts card or not, is that from the dealer or BRP? on the website it says nothing about a parts card that i can find it just shows the 75% off parts that all add up to about $1000. if i got the parts card that means i would have to buy any mx parts with my own money and i would definitely grab 2 for 4 grand. where could i get info on the aprts card?

Your dealer may be using the 'parts card' to lower his cost so he can lower the price of the quad. it's 6 and 1/2 dozen the other way.

m0t0xk1d
06-25-2010, 11:09 AM
it says on the pdf downlaod form from the can am website that you get $2000 off the 08s now because they have the 2010 and 2011s out now so you get 2000 off an 08, $1000 off of an 09 and $500 off of an 10 or an 11. I dont thing the delaer is using the parts card to bring the price down cuase they said theyve never done the support program before its just a summer sale price of 4 grand for the 08s cuase they wanna get rid of them

morgan#53
06-25-2010, 12:35 PM
anyone can go and get a 08 for $4000 thats why i think i should still get the $2000 back since i was approved for the program. No one i talk to at BRP or the dealership has a straight answer for me.