PDA

View Full Version : Kenda Kutter XC 18x8-8

ccdhowell
06-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Anyone running this tire on their mini? I just noticed that Kenda was making the Kutter XC in that size. The Kutter XC seems to be a great tire on full-size quads, the mini size should also be good. I emailed Kenda to ask the weight, the reply was 9.68 lbs. That's lighter than the ITP Quadcross MX in the same size that we run now. Think I'm gonna give this tire a try.

greenmachine70
06-22-2010, 05:52 AM
try the new DWT tires. They are awesome

LT80
06-22-2010, 07:18 AM
I have a LT here that has Hoosier tires on it. They look like a ITP/turf tamer/maxxis
They are wide (8"+).
The reason I'm mentioning them is that they are light weight.Tire AND wheel prolly don't weigh 4-5 pounds.
Pricey at about 70 bucks each but if I was wanting a wide mini tire for racing, this is what I'd have.
Check em out.

ccdhowell
06-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by greenmachine70
try the new DWT tires. They are awesome

These look just like the DWT tires, exactly. Wouldn't surprise me is Kenda is supplying DWT.

ccdhowell
06-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by LT80
I have a LT here that has Hoosier tires on it. They look like a ITP/turf tamer/maxxis
They are wide (8"+).
The reason I'm mentioning them is that they are light weight.Tire AND wheel prolly don't weigh 4-5 pounds.
Pricey at about 70 bucks each but if I was wanting a wide mini tire for racing, this is what I'd have.
Check em out.

Sounds good, got a link?

LT80
06-22-2010, 10:24 AM
I'll try to get ahold of the guy that owns the machine tonight.
I'll post the contact info when I get it. :)

LT80
06-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Sorry guys, didn't get a chance to call last night.
I did weigh the tire tho.
Tire and wheel (Douglas blue label) approx 9 pounds.
I still feel that this is lighter than most.

You guys can run out and weight a tire now to compare. :)

I'll try to get the contact info.

ccdhowell
06-23-2010, 08:58 AM
I looked over the Hoosier website and didn't see anything that may have been the tire. Would really like a tire that light though. Thanks for your effort in finding out the tire.