View Full Version : Just bought a new 4hundy

5084Jr
06-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Just picked up another 2001 400ex tonight to replace the one that was stolen over winter. The bike is 100% stock with some newer tires and nerfs. I took it for a little ride and feels tight. The guy said he only rode a few times after he bought a new boat. Plans are to clean it up tomorrow and fix a few little things. Chain is loose and needs a few brackets. Overall seems like a clean start to a new bike. Only have 1 question. This bike has a parking break but I have no idea how to set it. It's on the clutch side but my brain cannot make it work. Comments are welcome..

bkelley
06-21-2010, 07:33 PM
The best way to set the parking brake is to get a block off plate and throw the assembly in the trash. If you want to try and get it to work you can adjust the bolt on the back caliper. This will also prematurely wear your pads.

Wheelie
06-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by bkelley
The best way to set the parking brake is to get a block off plate and throw the assembly in the trash.

x2 Ditch the parking brake.

MidnightBlade
06-22-2010, 11:48 AM
x3 get rid of the parking brake. i still have mine but the bolt is adjusted so that it wont grab at all.