PDA

View Full Version : Steering Rods

Honda4LifeWes36
06-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Not sure what the official name is but the steering rods which of course help you steer.

Well my problem is after a good ride for about 2-3 hours, for some reason the nut on the bottom side works itself loose so it takes it more to turn. I don't know for sure why it keeps workin itself loose?

Any help?

CJM
06-21-2010, 05:56 PM
The tierod ends or the actual tie rods?

If it keeps coming loose its probably worn or your missing the cotter pin. You could always loctite them on with some blue loctite (non permanent.).

Honda4LifeWes36
06-21-2010, 06:05 PM
ya i lost the cotter pin but i lost it after it was coming loose. im goin to put another one in it tomorrow but thanks...

its the ends....the left one comes loose but the right one does not!

CJM
06-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Threads might be stripped a bit. I would tighten it as much as you can and put the cotter pin in and see what happens. Worst case you get some new ends.

Friend of mine got some tusk ones from rocky mtn and they are easily as nice as stock or better. Took us like 10 mins to put them on.

Honda4LifeWes36
06-22-2010, 11:08 AM
What did the new ones cost, roughly?

hocman123
06-22-2010, 10:13 PM
on rockymountian it is 24.99 for a set of tusk ones which can do one side or the stock ones for like 70 dollers for just one so i would go with the tusk ones

but i would also tell u that one side ( for me it was the side on the steering steam) is on the tieerod with reversed threads i thought i had got the wrong ones before someone told me about it and i tryed the other one