PDA

View Full Version : is it possible?

krt400ex
06-21-2010, 01:14 PM
i think it would be a pretty sick idea to be able to make my ktm street legal. i've never seen a quad on the streets before in my area. i'm checking online and gonna go to the dmv for info, but i am wondering if anyone knows anything about NJ laws and whether or not is possible to legalize a quad for the streets? thanks for any imput

CJM
06-21-2010, 01:22 PM
In NJ, not humanly possible period. NJ law basically says that unless it has a street title (IE motorcycle or dual sport) its not possible.

I have lived all over NJ and I drive over 100 miles a day to many areas, NOWHERE have I ever seen a street legal quad.

Maybe if it was down south or out west its a possibility but not here.

DnB_racing
06-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Laws vary from state to state, ONLY your local DMV can give you definitive information. Your first stop should be your local department of motor vehicles.
Street legal ATV riding will also have limits on how and where you can ride on the road. Being Street Legal doesn’t mean Ride Anywhere at Anytime.
A street legal ATV would need to be road worthy including turn signals, headlights, brake lights and a rear view mirror. A minimum ride height may also be required.
Proper licensing, registration, insurance and paperwork is not optional for ATVs. In fact obtaining an insurance quote may prove to be a frustrating experience.
Special rules – In some states it is only legal to ride an ATV on the road at an angle of aproximately 90 degrees to the direction of the highway. In such places you may hear it is legal to ride an ATV on the road but the specifics may not be what you think they are. Crossing the road doesn’t mean street legal.