PDA

View Full Version : hipers single bl vs dwt single bl g2s

jlrenken
06-20-2010, 10:23 PM
can anyone tell me which rim is lighter. specs would be nice i cant seem to find any on the net. which do u guys think r a better rim.
thanks

florentino
06-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by jlrenken
can anyone tell me which rim is lighter. specs would be nice i cant seem to find any on the net. which do u guys think r a better rim.
thanks

i love the hypers. they are not lite at all like they say,
but they are bullet proof.

the one thing you whant to keep in mind that you will need mud caps,

there is a set of hypers with 8 holes honda and yamaha bolt patern.

hipers makes a doble bead lock in the rear.

they are both really good.

i have hipers in the fron and itp in the back and they are holding up real good

blaster99
06-21-2010, 04:13 AM
Aluminum is lighter. Hipers are nice, and practically indestructible, but DWT are lighter.

jlrenken
06-21-2010, 06:24 AM
do the dwt bend pretty easy or r they pretty reliable.

florentino
06-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by jlrenken
do the dwt bend pretty easy or r they pretty reliable.

is this for mx or gncc ??? dwt should hold up good. have you seen the set up that that borish has on the ltr he has hipers and all the other ltrs at the track seems to run dwt.

nvrpmx
06-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Borish runs DWT wheels and has had no problems.
All the top pros in every series runs DWT wheels that should answer your question.

jlrenken
06-21-2010, 08:52 AM
well i would run anything if it was for free too. i was just wondering for the average joe if they bend easy or if there a pretty strong setup. im running hipers now but have an opp. to run dwt.

LTR450_#67
06-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Jamie, I haven't been racing but I still ride quite a bit......anyways I'm running the DWTs and they been great for me. I wouldn't mind getting a second set to be honest. I think they are good rims.

Aaron

blaster99
06-22-2010, 09:53 AM
I bent a DWT rear rim, but I was racing on a flat, so I probably landed on a rock, and that's what caused it. With hipers, that wouldn't have happened, but when your tire isn't flat, I doubt you could bend one.

nvrpmx
06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
The top pros don't run what they do just because it's free they use what they have tested and know what works and finishes races.
DWT makes many differant wheels for many differant types of racing, trail riding, sand duning, etc. The thickness of the aluminum is important to what you use the wheel for so when the right wheel is used for the right application they are the best wheel out there. DWT has set the industry standard for quailty, race winning performance and durebility for years.
You can't go wrong with the DWT brand. Here's there # 760-758-5560

As far as weight if you compare non bead lock to non bead lock or single bead lock to single bead lock or dual to dual the DWT is lighter.