PDA

View Full Version : Kenda Klaws

bherriman
06-20-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm in the market for some new rear tires...I'm thinkin about pickin up a set of Klaw XC's. Does anyone run these or has anyone run them in the past? Are they any good?

CJM
06-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Run them, love the suckers and have had no trouble at all.

Love that you can flip the wheels and they have different tread bite.

bigbad400
06-21-2010, 07:20 AM
i have ran hole shots, razrs and many many other tires and i have yet to find a better tire than the kenda klaw xc, very tough, very good bite.

i have a 400ex and my ltr450 with klaws and wouldn't think about anything else.

:D

a4guy
06-21-2010, 10:16 AM
I had them on my banshee and my 400ex. They are a great tire with tons of grip.

bherriman
06-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the input.. My first choice was gonna be holeshot GNCC's but they are heavy and quite cashy. I ran razrs on my 250r and they were terrible all they did was spin that is until you tried to slide them and they would all of a sudden bite hard. I hated them. Klaws seem like a good choice.

a4guy
06-21-2010, 05:46 PM
The Kenda Klaws are a heavy tire. I think the holeshots are a bit lighter.

tri5ron
06-21-2010, 06:29 PM
I have, right at 120 miles, (about a tank and a half of fuel), on a Brand New set of Holeshot HD's.

This includes Open Desert flats, Hardpack with rocks, Rocky Hill Climbs, Mountain Fire Roads, Sandy Washes and Trails, a Dry Lakebed, and about 20 miles worth of this years Baja 500 race course, (on one of the most grueling and trecherous sections of the race).

I bought them because I thought that,
At 6 plies, and since I ride ALOT of hardpack with sharp rocks, then soft sand in a mountain wash, That they would be a very tough tire to cut, and I would be getting superior traction.
WRONG !!!
The ONLY place that they did not feel like they were slipping and sliding, was on the Dry Lakebed.

I'll be Honest here,.... I am NOT very impressed with them at all.

ESPECIALLY for how much they cost !!!

They DO NOT hook up any better, and they seem to break loose (Go sideways), WAaaay too quickly.

I even dropped them down to 2 psi, (from 4 psi), and it was only **Marginally** better.

I am NO happier with them, than I was with the mild mannered "Turf Tamers" that I took off.

My next set of tires will be the Kenda Klaws.

(Heck, I'm even considering putting the HD's on my wifes 250ex, and getting myself a new set of the Klaws now).

I've always heard good things about the Kenda Klaws.

gtt416ex
06-21-2010, 07:25 PM
i have a set of kenda kutters on my 400 and absolutely love them. I've never had klaws, but kutters are just a more aggressive version. They grab way better than my holeshos did, and are really light for a six ply

bkelley
06-21-2010, 07:42 PM
I run HDs and I have been happy with them. Though, I'm probably going to go with some Kutter XCs next time since I've heard great things about them and they are about $20 cheaper than HDs.

bherriman
06-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
I have, right at 120 miles, (about a tank and a half of fuel), on a Brand New set of Holeshot HD's.

This includes Open Desert flats, Hardpack with rocks, Rocky Hill Climbs, Mountain Fire Roads, Sandy Washes and Trails, a Dry Lakebed, and about 20 miles worth of this years Baja 500 race course, (on one of the most grueling and trecherous sections of the race).

I bought them because I thought that,
At 6 plies, and since I ride ALOT of hardpack with sharp rocks, then soft sand in a mountain wash, That they would be a very tough tire to cut, and I would be getting superior traction.
WRONG !!!
The ONLY place that they did not feel like they were slipping and sliding, was on the Dry Lakebed.

I'll be Honest here,.... I am NOT very impressed with them at all.

ESPECIALLY for how much they cost !!!

They DO NOT hook up any better, and they seem to break loose (Go sideways), WAaaay too quickly.

I even dropped them down to 2 psi, (from 4 psi), and it was only **Marginally** better.

I am NO happier with them, than I was with the mild mannered "Turf Tamers" that I took off.

My next set of tires will be the Kenda Klaws.

(Heck, I'm even considering putting the HD's on my wifes 250ex, and getting myself a new set of the Klaws now).

I've always heard good things about the Kenda Klaws.

I haven't heard many bad things about the holeshots but the people that don't like them have the same problem you do and its the same problem I had with my razrs on my R. I'm going with the kendas you can get them for around 60 a tire compared to the 75 to 80 for the holeshot.

witech
06-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Thumbs up for the klaws Ive used them for TTracing,mx,trail riding,and even sand duning. The only thing they didnt perform excellent in was snow. My favorite part of them is you can switch them forward or backward to control the amount fo slide for cornering. Very controllable and dont suddenly loose side traction in the corners.