PDA

View Full Version : My 1993 Dodge Cummins W350

BlaineKaiser450
06-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Well I figured I'd start a thread about my truck, because it seems like I'm always working on it or doing something to it. Right now, it has a 3->4->5 exhaust with a 6 inch stack, and the pump is maxxed out. My plans for it are a NV4500 swap, Dana 80 Posi swap, HX35 turbo, 7.3 powerstroke intercooler, Some good injectors, Denny T fuel pin, 3200 rpm governer spring, and maybe murder it out, along with some other little things. Right now, I'm painting the grill flat black, and next will be the rims. I'm doing all of the free stuff to it now, because I blew all of my money on the system I put in it haha. Well, here are some pics. I'll try to get a smoke video sometime this week!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Cummins/hjgjkf006.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Cummins/hjgjkf005.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Cummins/hjgjkf004.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Cummins/hjgjkf002.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Cummins/hjgjkf003.jpg

hotrodbelair
06-20-2010, 06:43 PM
those are awsome trucks. once i get my blazer done i plan on building my dream truck a 73-92 quad cab chevy with a 12 valve cummins.

got a couple leads already on some nice southern trucks had a 97 complete dodge 1 ton for 1700 but got sold.

sorry for the little hijack but seeing your truck got me thinking about it again lol.

but nice truck wouldnt mind finding nice older 12 vavle like that too.

hondariderdylan
06-20-2010, 07:09 PM
not much of an older dodge guy but i have always liked 4x4 duallys, and thats one *****in truck.

how well does it hold the road? i can imagine how easy that thing is to keep between the lines and park:p

CJM
06-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Nice truck, did you beef up the trans yet?

416exfreak
06-20-2010, 07:30 PM
This thread makes me wanna get back on task with fixing up my 93 D350.

My truck doesnt look nearly as nice as yours, and I must say, thats one ill'n ram broseph.:macho

rollie
06-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Im loving the single stack:macho

250x_kyle
06-20-2010, 08:54 PM
nice truck im looking for a first gen w250 5spd for a project at the end of the summer.

Hondamaster5505
06-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
not much of an older dodge guy but i have always liked 4x4 duallys, and thats one *****in truck.

how well does it hold the road? i can imagine how easy that thing is to keep between the lines and park:p

Dual wheel trucks are intimidating at first, but you get used to them pretty damn quick and it really isn't that bad. :p I drive my dads all the time.

Nice truck dude. I love cummins.

bens250ex
06-20-2010, 09:12 PM
very clean truck get that smoke vid asap

BlaineKaiser450
06-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by hotrodbelair
those are awsome trucks. once i get my blazer done i plan on building my dream truck a 73-92 quad cab chevy with a 12 valve cummins.

got a couple leads already on some nice southern trucks had a 97 complete dodge 1 ton for 1700 but got sold.

sorry for the little hijack but seeing your truck got me thinking about it again lol.

but nice truck wouldnt mind finding nice older 12 vavle like that too. I love Cummins conversions. A few days ago i saw a sweet 1975ish Chevy 3/4 ton that was lifted with a 12v in it.

Originally posted by hondariderdylan

how well does it hold the road? i can imagine how easy that thing is to keep between the lines and park:p Thanks!

It acctually is pretty easy to drive! Parking is a bit of a hassle, but it's worth it.

Originally posted by CJM
Nice truck, did you beef up the trans yet? Nah I've got a pretty good Cummins only junkyard down the street, so I'm going to swap an NV4500 out of a 2nd gen before I do any more power upgrades. It should only cost me around $700 too!

Originally posted by 416exfreak
This thread makes me wanna get back on task with fixing up my 93 D350.

My truck doesnt look nearly as nice as yours, and I must say, thats one ill'n ram broseph.:macho You should, they're really fun trucks to work on! Thanks!

Originally posted by rollie
Im loving the single stack:macho I love it too haha, I don't like duals much.

Originally posted by 250x_kyle
nice truck im looking for a first gen w250 5spd for a project at the end of the summer. There are some good deals out there, check out the classifieds at www.cumminsforum.com

Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Dual wheel trucks are intimidating at first, but you get used to them pretty damn quick and it really isn't that bad. :p I drive my dads all the time.

Nice truck dude. I love cummins. Yeah its not too bad to drive. Thanks

Originally posted by bens250ex
very clean truck get that smoke vid asap Thanks, and I'll see if I can get one up tomorrow!

Whew that took a while haha

wrekd
06-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Nice truck!! My friends grandfather has a mint 92 or 93 Dodge diesel SRW. I try to buy it off him all the time but he won't part with it for nothing.

250x_kyle
06-21-2010, 04:42 PM
once you go diesel you will never go back. drive a f550 work truck almost every day not my favorite but still has almost 300k miles and runs like a champ.

ive been browsen around on cummins forum some. good looken project. i dont know if i like chrome stacks any more after seeing my buddys black ones.

Ruby Soho
06-22-2010, 09:27 AM
i don't have the slightest attraction to gasoline trucks anymore:D

bbender85
06-22-2010, 10:04 AM
awesome rig man. i've always wanted to swap a 94-97 12v into my super duty with an NV4500. unfortunately it'll probably never happen, since i'll probably have to start making babies here in the next 2-3 years, so the regular cab won't cut it lol.

BlaineKaiser450
07-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Here's what I've been working on recently. I think it turned out awesome! Tell me what you think. I'll get a smoke vid up this weekend :)

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Cummins/hjgjkf.jpg

BlaineKaiser450
07-10-2010, 03:07 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrCy_TPHSr8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrCy_TPHSr8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

sorry it took so long

bens250ex
07-12-2010, 09:08 AM
nice, some wheels would really set it off! black wheels though for sure

BlaineKaiser450
07-12-2010, 08:36 PM
nice, some wheels would really set it off! black wheels though for sure Yeah for sure! I was thinking about Rockstars but I can't afford them so I'll probably just powdercoat the stockers

yellowzo3
07-12-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm sure the neighbors are thrilled when you start it up in the morning :p ...Sounds awesome though!

Do you have to reinforce the stack any more to keep it from moving so much or is that fine as is? I don't remember if I've ever seen stacks move much... But I also never had a diesel so that shows how much I know :p

Do a walkaround vid of the truck!... I never see that gen Dodge in New Jersey :( ....They're probably all rusted out by now around here. It's tough to find any older truck with no rust around here :ermm:

bens250ex
07-12-2010, 10:05 PM
rockstars would be sick, there is some rockstar nockoffs on ebay they are pretty cheap for wheels i guess you could say. my stack moves its not clamped in i only welded the bottom of the pipe onto a little bracket i made and welded it to the bed and it has yet to cause any problems. its been like that for a couple years so all is well but i have been thinking about removing the stack and going with normal style.. the stack is loud at times. i need to get a smoke vid of mine

BlaineKaiser450
07-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
I'm sure the neighbors are thrilled when you start it up in the morning :p ...Sounds awesome though!

Do you have to reinforce the stack any more to keep it from moving so much or is that fine as is? I don't remember if I've ever seen stacks move much... But I also never had a diesel so that shows how much I know :p

Do a walkaround vid of the truck!... I never see that gen Dodge in New Jersey :( ....They're probably all rusted out by now around here. It's tough to find any older truck with no rust around here :ermm: Haha yeah my neighbors are pretty cool acctually so I'm good!

I need to reinforce it. It moves a lot because the only clamp other than the ones under the cab is connected to the frame. So there is nothing in the bed supporting it so I'm working on building something for it.

Yeah I got lucky, my truck fortunatly has no rust!

rockstars would be sick, there is some rockstar nockoffs on ebay they are pretty cheap for wheels i guess you could say. my stack moves its not clamped in i only welded the bottom of the pipe onto a little bracket i made and welded it to the bed and it has yet to cause any problems. its been like that for a couple years so all is well but i have been thinking about removing the stack and going with normal style.. the stack is loud at times. i need to get a smoke vid of mine oh sweet ill check them out then! Take a video and post it up!

firefighterjosh
07-13-2010, 02:33 PM
That sucker is too clean to murder out!:eek:

I would shorten the stack a little and bolt it to the bed to keep it from wobbling

I love the look of it though.

bens250ex
07-13-2010, 08:25 PM
ok ill take a vid maybe tomorrow

woodsracer144
07-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
Well I figured I'd start a thread about my truck, because it seems like I'm always working on it or doing something to it. Right now, it has a 3->4->5 exhaust with a 6 inch stack, and the pump is maxxed out. My plans for it are a NV4500 swap, Dana 80 Posi swap, HX35 turbo, 7.3 powerstroke intercooler, Some good injectors, Denny T fuel pin, 3200 rpm governer spring, and maybe murder it out, along with some other little things. Right now, I'm painting the grill flat black, and next will be the rims. I'm doing all of the free stuff to it now, because I blew all of my money on the system I put in it haha. Well, here are some pics. I'll try to get a smoke video sometime this week!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Cummins/hjgjkf006.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Cummins/hjgjkf005.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Cummins/hjgjkf004.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Cummins/hjgjkf002.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Cummins/hjgjkf003.jpg

nice rig

400exrider707
07-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Haha yeah my neighbors are pretty cool acctually so I'm good!

I need to reinforce it. It moves a lot because the only clamp other than the ones under the cab is connected to the frame. So there is nothing in the bed supporting it so I'm working on building something for it.

Yeah I got lucky, my truck fortunatly has no rust!

oh sweet ill check them out then! Take a video and post it up!

Rockstar knockoffs? The original rockstars are garbage. They do not hold up to the weight of the diesel pick ups and crack.. A LOT. I wouldn't buy some that are even cheaper.

Cool project truck though... don't see too many of them.

BTW, most of the guys who got fed up with cumminsforum have moved to compD, thats where you'll find better tech advice IMO.

Bwetzel55
07-14-2010, 08:21 PM
My buddy told me that if i put stacks on my cummins they would get to hot an might melt the plastics. Not even sure if stacks would get that hot???? Nobody i know have stacks on their diesels so dont know much about how much heat would be. Any prombles with too much heat coming of your stack while hauling your wheeler???

Ruby Soho
07-14-2010, 08:52 PM
i have a 6" single and it doesnt get that hot. can touch the top of it all day long.

bags and oil jugs have melted to the bottom of mine though hah

woodsracer144
07-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Bwetzel55
My buddy told me that if i put stacks on my cummins they would get to hot an might melt the plastics. Not even sure if stacks would get that hot???? Nobody i know have stacks on their diesels so dont know much about how much heat would be. Any prombles with too much heat coming of your stack while hauling your wheeler???

your buddy is on crack cause i know people that have a tool box right next to theirs and the tool box is full of **** and it doesnt burn...

if you want stacks.... stack it..

416exfreak
07-14-2010, 09:28 PM
We have a set of 5" dual stacks on my dads 98 Ram 3500, and they will QUICKLY get hot enough to burn the piss out of you.

People walk up all the time and touch them thinking they wont be hot.. big mistake. Plus I then have to get thier burnt on, greasy hand print off the chrome.:mad:

Im gonna be putting a single 8" flat black mitre cut stack off of a Cat loader on my 93 D350 here soon!:devil:

Blaine, if you ever head east, ill head west and we'll meet halfway.:D

mx Eli
07-14-2010, 09:45 PM
UNI-STACK

BlaineKaiser450
07-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Rockstar knockoffs? The original rockstars are garbage. They do not hold up to the weight of the diesel pick ups and crack.. A LOT. I wouldn't buy some that are even cheaper.

Cool project truck though... don't see too many of them.

BTW, most of the guys who got fed up with cumminsforum have moved to compD, thats where you'll find better tech advice IMO. Yeah like I said, I don't have enough money anyways haha. I'll check that site out!

Originally posted by Bwetzel55
My buddy told me that if i put stacks on my cummins they would get to hot an might melt the plastics. Not even sure if stacks would get that hot???? Nobody i know have stacks on their diesels so dont know much about how much heat would be. Any prombles with too much heat coming of your stack while hauling your wheeler??? Mine doesn't get too hot, I can touch it after it has been sitting for about 5 minutes.

Im gonna be putting a single 8" flat black mitre cut stack off of a Cat loader on my 93 D350 here soon!:devil:

Blaine, if you ever head east, ill head west and we'll meet halfway.:D Cat Stack it! I was going to but couldn't find one cheap enough haha they look sick!

Sounds good to me! haha

What are you planning on doing to your truck? It looks pretty sick, I would slam and bag it haha

Ruby Soho
07-15-2010, 08:35 AM
mine as well through up a vid of my stack in action..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7kjD88xBqBI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7kjD88xBqBI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

woodsracer144
07-15-2010, 09:11 AM
you have a exhaust leak...

and see how he has a tool box right next to the stack...

my exact point on it before...

Ruby Soho
07-15-2010, 09:26 AM
my elbow is junk. made it out of the stock 3.5" tailpipe haha. i eventually want to go 4" from the down pipe and put an actual elbow in there. i don't care that much for now though the egt's are fine.

and ya, the stack doesn't get that hot. don't even have to paint it with high temp.

416exfreak
07-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Cat Stack it! I was going to but couldn't find one cheap enough haha they look sick!

Sounds good to me! haha

What are you planning on doing to your truck? It looks pretty sick, I would slam and bag it haha

The plan at the moment, is a nice system, some Eagle Alloys wheels (with some custom flat black PC) and a flat black paint job.

Im leaving certain accents and chrome trim on her though, no murder charge for me.:blah:

Im in the process of finding a shop that will tint my windows for some dead prez's and forget they ever did it, as will I. I dont like the legal % limit here in FL.. I want something you cant see through.

Other than that.. Im tuning the pump myself, made my own intake elbow with a big K&N on it, and im aquiring some 2nd gen intake parts.

Eventually P-pump it with all the other goodies. My goal is 450-500hp and still maintain good towing ability and street driveability without sacrificing much MPG and without attracting to much attention from the local 5-0.

They already watch my old '79 with the evil eye everywhere I go..:chinese:

BlaineKaiser450
07-15-2010, 08:46 PM
The plan at the moment, is a nice system, some Eagle Alloys wheels (with some custom flat black PC) and a flat black paint job.

Im leaving certain accents and chrome trim on her though, no murder charge for me.:blah:

Im in the process of finding a shop that will tint my windows for some dead prez's and forget they ever did it, as will I. I dont like the legal % limit here in FL.. I want something you cant see through.

Other than that.. Im tuning the pump myself, made my own intake elbow with a big K&N on it, and im aquiring some 2nd gen intake parts.

Eventually P-pump it with all the other goodies. My goal is 450-500hp and still maintain good towing ability and street driveability without sacrificing much MPG and without attracting to much attention from the local 5-0.

They already watch my old '79 with the evil eye everywhere I go..:chinese: Oh nice sounds pretty sweet! I already have plans for my next truck and that's baisically what I'm doing when I can get a D350. When you do the pump, I would leave the smoke screw stock, when I turned mine it didn't help power or smoke lol it just increased the EGTs. I'm considering P-Pumping, but I might just get the VE built up for some more pressure. My real dream for the truck is a twin setup from PDR Diesel but I know I probably won't be able to afford it for a long time. With 450-500 hp these trucks are really sweet to drive from what I hear!

woodsracer144
07-15-2010, 09:10 PM
got any pics of their twin set up you wanna run? i might be able to help you, i turbo'd a 95 civic and first dyno run we pulled 190 HP on 10 PSI...

BlaineKaiser450
07-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
got any pics of their twin set up you wanna run? i might be able to help you, i turbo'd a 95 civic and first dyno run we pulled 190 HP on 10 PSI... I already tried posting the link and it didn't work but here is everything on the site.

PDR's new Cobra Stage 2 twin turbo setup is designed for the 1991.5-93 5.9L Intercooled Dodge Cummins. This kit is perfect fit for people using their truck for: daily driving and high performance applications while wanting to keep their EGT's as cool as possible. Rated for trucks between 375-700HP. This kit includes everything to install the twin turbo's on your Dodge: PDR Modified HX40 turbo with 16cm wastegated housing, PDR modified HT3B/26cm turbo, brace, oil feed lines, oil drain, 4" down pipe and a stainless steel cold piping kit with a AFE filter to let it breathe. Note: Air inlet pipe is powder coated black (powder coating not shown). If you currently have an HX40 for a top turbo, please call in your order, as we will adjust the cost difference at that time. PDR's Cobra kit has a nasty bite that will kill the competition!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Cummins/pdr1119193tpk-2.jpg

There is a lot that will need to come first before I can do something like this though

bens250ex
07-16-2010, 04:19 PM
i still haven't got a vid of it yet its pourin right now so ill try to get one when i can. maybe a drive by too

416exfreak
07-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Oh nice sounds pretty sweet! I already have plans for my next truck and that's baisically what I'm doing when I can get a D350. When you do the pump, I would leave the smoke screw stock, when I turned mine it didn't help power or smoke lol it just increased the EGTs. I'm considering P-Pumping, but I might just get the VE built up for some more pressure. My real dream for the truck is a twin setup from PDR Diesel but I know I probably won't be able to afford it for a long time. With 450-500 hp these trucks are really sweet to drive from what I hear!

I dont have an EGT guage yet, but just from doing some research I already knew the smoke screw really doesnt do a whole lot.

Crank the starwheel all the way down, and turn the full power screw in about 8 turns.. thats a safe limit for all the trucks without a guage. Anymore than that and its a good idea to have a guage, just so you can fine tune it and monitor her vitals.

In all reality, as long as all your doing is giving it to it in quick little bursts (getting up to speed, or messing with a jap rocket) then even having the EGT's climb a little high wont melt it down. When they stay to high (1350+) for more than 10 seconds is when you need to worry.

^^^The above was what the local disel shop told me when I was visiting/milling around.. Ill see if I can find a video of thier half ton. They know what theyre doing.. lol.

EDIT: heres a video of thier truck
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdfJx7aobrI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;co lor2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdfJx7aobrI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;co lor2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>