PDA

View Full Version : starting problems

rollie
06-20-2010, 03:01 PM
I have an 07 450r, converted to kick, and it just won't start cold, only way i can get it run is to bump start it, if i do that and run one moto, and come back it will start and run for the rest of the day, it seems to be backfiring a little more than normal too but still far from running horrible, does that sound like i just need a valve adjustment?

JParisi48
06-22-2010, 08:38 PM
do u have a little black peice in ur carb that looks circular with a flap in the middle? if you do remove that and see if that works.

DnB_racing
06-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by JParisi48
do u have a little black peice in ur carb that looks circular with a flap in the middle? if you do remove that and see if that works.

??????????????? never herd of this?????? is this something on the 04/05? he has 07, to me it seems he might want to check valves. At what throttle position does it backfire?

PaRedneckRiders
06-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Ya it sounds like valves, sounds like one of the valves is staying slightly open making it hard to start

U could do a comp check and find out if it would b your valves because the comp should b pretty low most of it is just escaping via the partly open valve