06-20-2010, 01:04 PM
check out this bad boy i found today sounds like its really fast

http://madison.craigslist.org/rvs/1777195491.html

TRXRacer1
06-20-2010, 01:22 PM
LOL, 70hp!

JR3
06-20-2010, 01:25 PM
for a quad that actually looks well built the guy sounds like a idiot hope it aint stolen

juice420
06-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by JR3
for a quad that actually looks well built the guy sounds like a idiot hope it aint stolen

How does he sound like an idiot?

Hondamaster5505
06-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by juice420
How does he sound like an idiot?

70hp and will leave everything in the dust... Don't you think that's a little far fetched with technically just cams?

And it's still stock a-arms and everything..

Definitely a nice bike though.

feuerstack411
06-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
70hp and will leave everything in the dust... Don't you think that's a little far fetched with technically just cams?

And it's still stock a-arms and everything..

Definitely a nice bike though.

Its called marketing, brobama.

What sounds better.
"Its 70hp and will leave anything in the dust"
or
"Its got OK power, not really that fast, and a YFZ is faster".

Marketing 101.

LTandRaptorider
06-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by feuerstack411

What sounds better.
or

Marketing 101.

Right you are, marketing skills can help. What would help him even more is to have knowledge about his machine. He says it has a "cherry bomb programmer" (I added the missing "M" for him). As we know that is not a programmer. However since he has a full system LRD exhaust and Hot Cams, he should have a programmer. So his being a dumbazz negates any marketing skills he may have. ;) :p

feuerstack411
06-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Right you are, marketing skills can help. What would help him even more is to have knowledge about his machine. He says it has a "cherry bomb programmer" (I added the missing "M" for him). As we know that is not a programmer. However since he has a full system LRD exhaust and Hot Cams, he should have a programmer. So his being a dumbazz negates any marketing skills he may have. ;) :p

Well I wasn't saying this guy graduated from a Ivy league school with a degree in marketing, but he has some common sense.

Hondamaster5505
06-20-2010, 04:11 PM

What sounds better.
or

Marketing 101.

No need to lie though.. because a lot of people like us, see him saying 70hp, and I wouldn't buy from him just because he comes off like a tool saying that.

He could have used other ways, as in "This thing is extremely fast and not for beginners" Or something.

feuerstack411
06-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
No need to lie though.. because a lot of people like us, see him saying 70hp, and I wouldn't buy from him just because he comes off like a tool saying that.

He could have used other ways, as in "This thing is extremely fast and not for beginners" Or something.

He would still be lying.

LTRs are not extremely fast.:chinese:

yellowzo3
06-20-2010, 04:54 PM

What sounds better.
or

Marketing 101.

Yeah but thats not marketing, thats just straight up false advertising.

Marketing is bending the truth as far as possible. There's absolutely no way this guy could prove in any form that his quad has 70hp. Saying his quad has 70hp isn't marketing, its just him being a dumbass.

danthrop
06-20-2010, 05:06 PM
He would still be lying.

LTRs are not extremely fast.:chinese:

yeah i mean borich doesnt kick *** in gncc, or wimmer in moto x.......i dont think they are fast or anything like that....its gotta be all rider in those races eh?

as far as this quad...might be hot since he sounds like a moron to me, but ltr's will hold their own with good parts and tuning, and a rider of coarse

anywho might as well go look at it and talk to him and see what he has to say in person about the history of it and it what his response is to your questions about it

06-20-2010, 05:17 PM
duh anyone can see it doesnt have 70HP. He only has 5 different stickers, thats only 50HP.

rbgnwa45
06-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Low price, could be stolen.

"stageII hot cams, cherry bomb programer, full system LRD exhaust, big throat air intake"

... and you don't know what else, not that it looks turbo'd :ermm:.

Also selling a ?6 Yamaha GYTR 88cc big bore pit bike for $1500 or possible trades, anything with a motor.

Also selling a 93 cbr 600 f2 (burnett) for $2700.

feuerstack411
06-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by danthrop
yeah i mean borich doesnt kick *** in gncc, or wimmer in moto x.......i dont think they are fast or anything like that....its gotta be all rider in those races eh?

a

haha Jesus, usually the ":chinese: " is a tell tale sign of sarcasm.

mx Eli
06-20-2010, 06:43 PM
I bet if you put wimmer on any quad and borich on a different quad they would win

Ellingsoc26
06-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by mx Eli
I bet if you put wimmer on any quad and borich on a different quad they would win

I bet if u switch chad and Dustin i bet chad wins more races than dustin does just b/c of the quality of the quad

aman
06-20-2010, 06:55 PM
This kid is a bit of a moron, for sure. Obviously starting off with saying its got 70 hp and blah blah blah....he didn't need to stretch it out that much. It doesn't have an lrd, it has Dasa exhaust. Motor is nothing special but I did take the compression up a bit w/ hotcams and head porting so it ran pretty decent, nothing too crazy though obviously. Definitely not stolen, I traded him that for a CBR600F4i w/ some other **** to go with it so it was a good deal at the time. So I'm taking it he's either got a lot of money or he's just mentally challenged because he did a terrible job of describing the mods and condition on top of giving a good price because yes if i didn't know that was my baby I'd be damn worried about where that came from.

kfx400rider03
06-20-2010, 06:58 PM
i dont beleive HOTCAMS made a stage 2 cams for the ltr

aman
06-20-2010, 07:03 PM
http://ltr450.theatvchannel.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=8326

here's the legit description

beastlywarrior
06-20-2010, 07:13 PM
did anyone notice that its in the rv section too:huh

hondariderdylan
06-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
did anyone notice that its in the rv section too:huh

rv- recreational vehicles (includes powersports, ie. quads)