PDA

View Full Version : Carb Leak Heeeellllppp!!!!

rappin_ernie
06-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been messing with my carb for three weeks now, and I can't seem to get it fixed. It leaks from a hole on the inlet side at the top. Here is a picture of the hole.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll119/rappin_ernie/carb.jpg

I ordered a kit and rebuilt the whole carb, I even tested the needle valve and float, and the gas does shut off with almost no pressure. I also cleaned the needle valve seat with rubbing compound and polishing compound, yet it still overflows and leaks all over.

I've lost it with this carb, I'm about to just buy a new one all together.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

JOHNDOE83
06-19-2010, 07:00 PM
where did you route your bowl drain tube to? it looks like you have it routed to one of the carb vents?

fearlessfred
06-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
where did you route your bowl drain tube to? it looks like you have it routed to one of the carb vents? what are u thinking the float level is to high and the drain tube is filling the vent with fuel i cant see the routing

rappin_ernie
06-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Wow. I've rebuilt complete top ends and replaced transmissions successfully, but I couldn't figure this out. I pulled off the line and it stopped leaking!!! I would hug you if I could!!!! This is great, the bike started right up and it runs perfect!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! =)

JOHNDOE83
06-19-2010, 09:06 PM
lol...glad everything worked out...

JOHNDOE83
06-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
what are u thinking the float level is to high and the drain tube is filling the vent with fuel i cant see the routing

Yes, but not that the float was high, the pressure from the vent was forcing gas up thru that spout on the carb...

fearlessfred
06-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
Yes, but not that the float was high, the pressure from the vent was forcing gas up thru that spout on the carb... good call and sharp eye