PDA

View Full Version : It’s not all BP’s fault.

slightlybent47
06-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Seems to me that there are plenty of inspectors and politicians that are just as much to blame as BP.
They are the ones that allowed BP and other oil companies to do business the way that they do. By not forcing the oil companies to do it the right way and cut corners we are just as responsible as BP is. When the federal government slaps them on the hand when they do get caught doing something with a small fine that doesn’t even make a dent in there profit margin. Until the fines are made to hurt the big oil companies they will continue to cut corners to save them money. Slapping the big oil with a $10,000.00 fine when they make billions every year dose nothing, it’s like me fining you $0.01 for a speeding ticket, you’ll just pay the penny and keep right on speeding.

What do you think?

rbgnwa45
06-19-2010, 01:56 PM
I disagree. One person is to blame, that's whoever gave it an OK stamp. Even if the government didn't do checkups it would still be BPs fault. They shouldn't need laws to protect the environment. If they do than they aren't decent human beings.

JR3
06-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Seems to me that there are plenty of inspectors and politicians that are just as much to blame as BP.
They are the ones that allowed BP and other oil companies to do business the way that they do. By not forcing the oil companies to do it the right way and cut corners we are just as responsible as BP is. When the federal government slaps them on the hand when they do get caught doing something with a small fine that doesn’t even make a dent in there profit margin. Until the fines are made to hurt the big oil companies they will continue to cut corners to save them money. Slapping the big oil with a $10,000.00 fine when they make billions every year dose nothing, it’s like me fining you $0.01 for a speeding ticket, you’ll just pay the penny and keep right on speeding.

What do you think?

+ half of the politicians are either oil tycoons themselves or are some how beniffitng from the sucess of the oil companies kick backs etc.

06-19-2010, 03:51 PM
What do I think? I think if speeding tickets were only a penny I would drive double the posted speed on highways lol I'll make every trip to the store like I'm in the Gumball. I still say BP is at fault. Yes the government let them do that and what not but BP should have known better when all the other companies are doing it one way for safety and they cut corners to save money when that son of a ***** was clearing like 20 million a month or something.

yellowzo3
06-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by JR3
+ half of the politicians are either oil tycoons themselves or are some how beniffitng from the sucess of the oil companies kick backs etc.

Was just about to post this exact same thing. So many things happen behind closed doors that we'll never hear about.

JR3
06-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
Was just about to post this exact same thing. So many things happen behind closed doors that we'll never hear about.

exactly why else would people spend millions upon millions of dollars campaigning for a position that only pays 100,000 a year or whatever the case may be

fearlessfred
06-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Was just about to post this exact same thing. So many things happen behind closed doors that we'll never hear about. thats all true ,but there not gonna pay for the cleanup so we have to let bp take the blame and that guy from texas should go live in england and stay there

yellowzo3
06-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
thats all true ,but there not gonna pay for the cleanup so we have to let bp take the blame and that guy from texas should go live in england and stay there

BP will SAY they paid for the cleanup while in reality they'll only pay for a small portion of it and the US will pay for the rest. The thing is, people from the government are probably in on it so the government says "yep oh yeah they paid for it dont worry" and thats that. They don't have to prove anything to us, we're nobody. As soon as the cameras are shut off there's probably a whole different deal being made.

They're making the fishermen and their families jump through hoops to prove that they're losing money from this oil spill in order to get compensated. I doubt the fishermen will even get compensated for as much money as they're losing. Not to mention their entire families and everything they own (including their boats) will have to move thousands of miles away and try to start life over in unfamiliar waters. That's assuming the locals there even give them the time of day for coming in and trying to fish their waters. I feel so bad for the fishermen and their families down there. They'll never get what they deserve. :mad:

fearlessfred
06-19-2010, 05:36 PM
maybe all of our celebs should do a fund raising event for our own people, like they did for haiti

yellowzo3
06-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
maybe all of our celebs should do a fund raising event for our own people, like they did for haiti

That makes too much sense, they'll never do something like that :p

TRXRacer1
06-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Here's some food for thought. Does anyone really think BP wants to drill in water that deep?? Maybe if politicians got their heads out of their aces then they'd realize how much safer inland and coastal drilling is then this out to sea crap. As a former driller I can tell you for a fact if this was on land it would have been 2-3 days max before plugged. Less then 1000ft of water would have been 2 weeks max.

BP is responsible for cleaning this mess up. It was their contract that led to this. The Obama administration is responsible for all damages caused by this completely unnecessary 6+ month moratorium. Everyone out of work right now because BO shut down drilling should be knocking at the white house's door for their lost wages. All companies impacted by this shut down should be there looking for looses too.

slightlybent47
06-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Ok how about this: We all know how much the economy has suffered in the past two years, so how much of this so called hit to the fisherman and the turrets industry is dew to the economy and not the oil spill. I mean wasn’t that industry already in a slump? I know they said that 70% of the gulf is still open.
And deep oil drilling is the most demanding and technical type of drilling there is, it looks like that would require the most attention to the safety aspect and not to cut corners on this kind of drilling.
It’s like we are watching a atomic explosion going off in slow motion.

yellowzo3
06-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Ok how about this: We all know how much the economy has suffered in the past two years, so how much of this so called hit to the fisherman and the turrets industry is dew to the economy and not the oil spill. I mean wasn’t that industry already in a slump? I know they said that 70% of the gulf is still open.

Have you seen the satellite images? There's no way 70% of the gulf is safe. There's tons of oil underwater that you can't even see. Underwater currents are STRONG and they'll drag that oil thousands of miles away in a couple days. All of the areas where these fishermen live are covered in oil. They'd have to sail their boats THROUGH all of the oil just to get far enough out in the sea to do some decent fishing. The infected areas of the gulf may have been hot spots for shrimp and fish that the fishermen traveled to every year. It could take forever for them to sail into the middle of nowhere and try to start over finding fish. That entire area is going to be trashed for decades. The fishing industry may have been in a slump before but now its NON-EXISTENT.

Do not ever let the media or BP tell you that it isn't as bad as you think it is and DO NOT let them try to put the blame on anything else in the world. It is 100% their fault. It's complete BS if they try to weasle their way out of this.

TRXRacer1
06-19-2010, 08:49 PM
That entire area is going to be trashed for decades.
If only we had an event in history to compare to...... The '79 spill was 5 times bigger. 2 yrs later fishing was back in full swing. It is decades later then that ginormous spill, this one will not have near the impact you are afraid it will.

70% of the Gulf is in good shape, don't let the media make you a dummy. All you have to do is look at a map. The thing is HUGE. Less drama queen, more reality.

trx310R#24
06-19-2010, 09:11 PM
it was that god damn lock ness monster! what a *****....

some one took out a word lol

bens250ex
06-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
it was all that GOD lock ness monster! what a *****....

eh what?:huh

slightlybent47
06-19-2010, 10:28 PM
I’m sure that BP is not the only one cutting corners, they are ether the worst of the bunch and or they have had bad luck, Exxon has had trouble in the past as well. With only a hand full of inspectors and the fact that they just rubber stamp what ever BP and others want the problem will continue.

I remember back in the late 70’s in Galveston and Serf Side beach and Quintana beach was covered with tar balls but I can’t remember why it was there. And yes fishing got back to normal. You have to realize that nature will degrade the oil over time and things will not be as bad as the media makes it sound. They have to make things sound a lot worse then they really are in order to keep you watching.
No doubt there is and will be some areas hit worse than others.

JR3
06-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
it was that god damn lock ness monster! what a *****....

some one took out a word lol

god dayum lock ness monster took my tree fiddy

steel1
06-20-2010, 08:30 PM
There is too much money involved here. I cant imagine the shady back room deals that goes on with these oil companies. Many many people are to blame for this. get the firing squad out.

133tmf
06-21-2010, 10:51 AM
That makes too much sense, they'll never do something like that :p this is true its our country, we love watchn our own strugggle ,if this was another country would've been stopped by now and millions mayb billlions would b given jus dont get it !!! we **** on our own and play hero for every1 else !! how could this be any1 but B f'n p's fault and u think they care heck no !!! jus feel bad for fams effected and all the poor helpless animals !!

yellowzo3
06-21-2010, 11:04 AM
The president or whatever of BP could care less... He was crusing on his nice new yacht yesterday. Glad to see he's still making millions of dollars for being a complete f#&% up :rolleyes:

ben300
06-21-2010, 01:52 PM
have any of you dumb ****s done any research on this subject at all? have any of you looked into the measures our own governemtn has not taken and have ignored since this accident happened? im not saying this is bp's fault, but our own federal government is just sitting back and letting this get worse by the day.....

oh ya, and yes, bp's ceo, tony haward went sailing on saturday. guess what, president obama has been golfing a million and half times since this accident, he's probably played how many pickup games of basketball, he's had luch parties with the uconn girls and duke mens basketball teams, he's been down there what, like three times, and it took him some 57 days before he gave a national adress on the subject. not once in this adress did he say wht they were gonna do to help or stop the leak, all they said they were gonna do is cap and tax, cap and tax.....

and this is by far not the worst oil spill in the history of man kind. research the deep water horizon oil spill in the persian gulf in 1993. during that oil spill, the iraqi people blew up the drilling rig, spilling 462 million gallons of oil (11 million barrels roughly) into the persian gulf in a little over a few months. so far, the spill in the gulf of mexico has been estimated to have spilled out around 4.2 million gallons so far in two months. that would make our oil spill 1/110 the size of the one in the persian gulf. to top that off, the persian gulf is a quarter of the size of the gulf of mexico. the gulf of mexico, from its deepest point of 14,000 something feet, and to where they draw the line at the end of the gulf, contains 660 quadrillion gallons of water. so if you take the ammount of oil that has leaked so far into the gulf, it would be the equivalent of droppinng a 1/1,000,000 of an ouce of oil into a full bath tub. Also, being nearly 17 years since the spill in the persian gulf, the eco system there has nearly gone back to the way it was before the spill. the only thing that remains damaged is the coast line of saudi arabia, where 2 to 3 million gallons of oil washed ashore, and the saudi gov't choose not to clean it. now, im not using this as an excuse to say that our oil spill is not that bad, becuase it is. it ****ing horrible, and it completely bothers me what it is doing to the eco system, and to the people down there. but compared to other oil spills, its really not that bad.

also, im not saying this isnt bp's fault, because it clearly is. but if you really start to look, their are alot of other people to blame. First lets look at our own gov't. Since this has started, our federal gov't has really dont ****. sure PresBO can get on tv and say he has, but he really hasnt. first off, the feds will not allow the states of florida, lousiana, alambama, and mississippi to build sand barriers to protect their coast, becuase it is supposidly harmful to the shore line. the feds also will not allow boom boats to go down there to build oil catching booms to protect the coast. also, they feds will not allow them to use chemical dispearsing agents because they think ti will harm the environment. well at this point, does it really matter? finally this ones my favorite. we have a thing called the jones law/act. it was created in the 1920's by teh united maritime officers union to protect their works. this law states that no U.S. owned ship can sale from U.S. port to U.S. port if the boat was a) not made in the U.S. and b) not manned by an all U.S. citizen crew. Well there by happens to be an entire fleet, docked in maine, of dutch made ships, with the lattest and greatest oil boom making technology. this boats have the ability to make 20 miles of boom per day, EACH!!!. ones even better, as there are tons more of these boats out there, adn other countries have offered help, but our federal gov't has turned them down. what a crock of ****!

finally, if you watch the news, you see that our gov't is reallly putting it to bp right now. Well, if you do a little research, you can find out how close and friendly bp has been with our gov't in the past three years. for one, bp donated the most money out of any publically traded company to barack obama on his presidential campaign. over something liek a million dollars. also, barack really wants to impose cap and trade. well bp is one of the largest investors in cap and trade and cao abd trade technology. If cap and trade was to pass, they would be set to make unfortold ammounst of loot off of it, just like al gore, just liek george soros. this cap and trade would do to the american people something like what bernie madolf did to the american people. also, what better of a way to get cap and trade passed, then have a massive, gigantic, supposidly accidental oil spill, and then not do nothing about it....

so like i said, im not saying this aint bp's fault and i aint saying this spill isnt bad, becuase it is. its horrible, and it inrages me. all im saying is do a little research on the **** before you guys get all huffy puffy. remember, the more informed and educated you guys are, the better of a U.S. citizen you can be

yellowzo3
06-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Oh don't worry man, we already knew our government is a complete **** up, we're just discussing about the fact that we added BP to that list as well.

ben300
06-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Oh don't worry man, we already knew our government is a complete **** up, we're just discussing about the fact that we added BP to that list as well.

im just be informing ya know, cause you would not believe how many people just bury their head in the sand and just go deaf to the world..

yellowzo3
06-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by ben300
im just be informing ya know, cause you would not believe how many people just bury their head in the sand and just go deaf to the world..

Lol I hear ya... But I do think BP is screwing up BAD right now as they're an oil company and don't even have any legit methods of cleaning oil spills. And they better man up and compensate those who are suffering because of this. And I don't think 70% of the Gulf will end up unaffected since the oil is STILL spilling out of the pipe.

But yeah our government needs to get their head out of their *** and start doing whats right, not what benefits one or two people in the form of kickbacks and behind closed doors deals.

JForestZ34
06-22-2010, 06:18 PM
I've been reading and watching about this spill and yes it's the worst spill I have ever seen or heard about and I hope it's the last...

Now onto the good stuff.. BP isn't the only one to blame.. Our government is just as much to blame as BP... If BP offered them money to rubber stamp permits to get approved, with that kind of money or gifts I'm sure a lot of us would think or even do it also if we were in that position.. The GOVERNMENT should have been making sure they were following all regulations... Not BP.. Do you think the police let us police ourselves and never get involved.. If they did there would be no laws because after all we would do no wrong because we know better...

BP knew better, they were looking at dollar signs... In order for them to make that kind of money they needed to grease the wheels.. If they did things the wrong way that because the people over seeing all that LET it happen... A lot of companies skimp on safety until something happens... Then it all changes.... Safety should be first and foremost... Profit should come in down the line somewhere but investors don't want to hear that...

Think of it this way, if BP goes to their investor and say we can make $20 billion this quarter but we don't have the permits yet.. That will take a couple of months.. THEY all say " Do what you need to do to get those permits and do it quickly." Then the high executive's go into a room and find out how much they have to pay and who to pay it to in order to have those permits tomorrow...

Sorry but that's just big business and I don't see it changing anytime soon.. Hell people even get killed and they still don't change anything...

James

yellowzo3
06-22-2010, 07:11 PM
You're right James. It's sad but right now a few people are living the good life with a few extra million in the bank for slipping some permits to BP while the real working class of America in the Gulf area is SCREWED.

Have they mentioned any particular names of those who were in charge of inspections and all that stuff? Maybe the government should check out these inspectors current lifestyles.... I bet they'd find a few significant increases in their bank accounts too... F@GS!!!!

JForestZ34
06-22-2010, 07:59 PM
You're right James. It's sad but right now a few people are living the good life with a few extra million in the bank for slipping some permits to BP while the real working class of America in the Gulf area is SCREWED.

Have they mentioned any particular names of those who were in charge of inspections and all that stuff? Maybe the government should check out these inspectors current lifestyles.... I bet they'd find a few significant increases in their bank accounts too... F@GS!!!!

I do remember them talking about some MMS agency that was taking care of that.. Not sure who was in it or not.. But they should be criminally resp also... Look what happens when we let a couple of drops hit the ground...

James

yellowzo3
06-23-2010, 09:02 AM
OH DONT WORRY EVERYONE 70% OF THE GULF IS STILL SAFE :rolleyes:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/files/2010/06/terra_oil_leak_june202010.jpg

And for any morons that actually still DO think 70% of it is safe just take a look at all that oil... What, do you think the oil is just going to stay where it is? lmao this **** is spreading like wildfire. AND ITS STILL LEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canadian144
06-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Ever wondered what happens at the BP office if someone spills coffee?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7ClM

JForestZ34
06-23-2010, 09:37 AM
OH DONT WORRY EVERYONE 70% OF THE GULF IS STILL SAFE :rolleyes:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/files/2010/06/terra_oil_leak_june202010.jpg

And for any morons that actually still DO think 70% of it is safe just take a look at all that oil... What, do you think the oil is just going to stay where it is? lmao this **** is spreading like wildfire. AND ITS STILL LEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I can see of your picture, YOur forgetting about the part of the gulf that the coasts of texas and mexico met.. that picture your showing is showing 1/10th of the size of the gulf...

James

yellowzo3
06-23-2010, 10:11 AM
bro face the facts thats a **** load of oil and it aint gonna sit there.... how can people be so blind to the fact that thats an insane amount of oil AND IT IS STILL SPILLING. COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! that oil is moving with the currents of the ocean, killing wildlife, and will take decades to heal.

This spill isnt even under control. BP is capturing SOME of the oil coming out of the pipe. How is that even 5% acceptable. ANY oil going into the ocean is 100% unacceptable and these morons don't even have any legit methods of containing or stopping this spill.

It makes me so mad to see people saying this spill is no big deal and is being blown out of proportion. Why dont you guys take a trip down to the coast and look at all the pelicans and wildlife covered in oil. Or see how many families are out of work due to the spill. Our stupid *** country will donate millions of dollars to Haiti but when we have a gigantic oil spill on our own turf we're totally unprepared and could care less about helping :rolleyes:

ben300
06-23-2010, 12:16 PM
bro face the facts thats a **** load of oil and it aint gonna sit there.... how can people be so blind to the fact that thats an insane amount of oil AND IT IS STILL SPILLING. COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! that oil is moving with the currents of the ocean, killing wildlife, and will take decades to heal.

This spill isnt even under control. BP is capturing SOME of the oil coming out of the pipe. How is that even 5% acceptable. ANY oil going into the ocean is 100% unacceptable and these morons don't even have any legit methods of containing or stopping this spill.

It makes me so mad to see people saying this spill is no big deal and is being blown out of proportion. Why dont you guys take a trip down to the coast and look at all the pelicans and wildlife covered in oil. Or see how many families are out of work due to the spill. Our stupid *** country will donate millions of dollars to Haiti but when we have a gigantic oil spill on our own turf we're totally unprepared and could care less about helping :rolleyes:

actually we are prepared for this, adn we have the technology and means to clean this up and prevent it from hitting the coast we jsut wont be able to do this becuase our damn federal gov't is dragging their feet on purpose. did you know that 13 countries voluntered to send over what ever means necessary to help with the clean up, and our president turned it down!

and the reason why they are having a hard time with plugging the leak is becuase its in over 5000 feet deep of water. that is probably one of the most harsh environments on our plannet. the pressure from the water is absolutely emmense down there. way greater than we can imagine. there is no light, its extremely cold. if they were aloud to drill in shollow water, like sub 500ft depths, we would have plugged this already and wouldnt be discussing this. we have dont this to our selves.

yellowzo3
06-23-2010, 12:26 PM
WTFFFFFF why don't they tell you about all of the countries willing to help us on the news? Seriously they don't mention that around here. They just show the BP Live cam all the time and mention how much oil is still flowing.

I don't feel any sympathy for any oil company that can find a way to get rich off oil 5000 feet deep but refuses to put the capital towards safety and emergency repair/stoppage efforts for drilling at that depth. If you're working at that depth you should 100% be prepared for any problems that may occur at that depth.

If we have the funds and technology to stop the oil we should obviously do that asap and then point fingers later. Just another case of the government doing things @ss backwards.

Ben, do you know what technology we have that we should be using? I haven't heard of anything... just curious. It's not the mud pumping method is it?

ben300
06-23-2010, 12:43 PM
WTFFFFFF why don't they tell you about all of the countries willing to help us on the news? Seriously they don't mention that around here. They just show the BP Live cam all the time and mention how much oil is still flowing.

I don't feel any sympathy for any oil company that can find a way to get rich off oil 5000 feet deep but refuses to put the capital towards safety and emergency repair/stoppage efforts for drilling at that depth. If you're working at that depth you should 100% be prepared for any problems that may occur at that depth.

If we have the funds and technology to stop the oil we should obviously do that asap and then point fingers later. Just another case of the government doing things @ss backwards.

Ben, do you know what technology we have that we should be using? I haven't heard of anything... just curious. It's not the mud pumping method is it?

ya, its been all over the non liberal based news...for one, there are these boats that are dutch made mades that have teh latest and greatest technolgy for making the water booms that block the oil from flowing towars the shore line. these boats, each one, have the ability to make up to 20 miles of boom per day, adn they are jsut sitting there in a habor in maine. we cant use them because of the jones law/act. this was law created in the 1920's by the united maritime officers union to protect their workers. this law states that no US owned ship can sale from US port to US port if it is not manned by and all US crew and was not made in the US. these ships are US owned, but were not made in the US. they were dutch made ships. the president has the right and ability to wave this law untill the ships are no longer needed, but he refuses to do this and will not state why. there are hundreds more ships liek this out there. the dutch have offered to send us there ships, because they are expers in oil clean up, and the president has refused their help.

whats funny is that during the katrina iccident, bush waved the jones act....

also, florda, lousiana, mississippi, and alabama have all wanted to build sand barriers off the coast to protect it. the federal gov't has stopped them every chance they get. all the president has to do is sign an order to let them do this, and he refuses to do it.

the govenor of lousianna, boby jindhal, is out there every single day getting his hands dirty, helping the people of this region. he has been begging for federal assistence, and they big wigs in washington refuse to respond.

also, their have been hundreds of scientists adn the such across the US that have all proposed ideas to stop the leak, and clean it up. all of which are viable, usable, safe options, adn the feds and bp wont listen. ****, kevin costner has desgined these centrifugal pumps that completely separate the oil from the water, and gov't wont use them either.

all you have to do is start searching for the internet, and the clues are out there, about who is really doing what, and what is really going on. the problem wiht your local news and most national news, is al lthey show is the oil and the animals. they will never talk any of this stuff. they will only show you what they want. they dont care about you, or the environment, or the american economy. the drive by media is only out there to push their agenda.

deathman53
06-23-2010, 01:51 PM
the real truth in all of us is somewhere in the middle of everything. The oil companies and federal inspectors definetly have blame in it. The delay for plugging the leak is a different matter and the clean up. You have those who are anti-oil saying about its all this person fault, another who is very self-deliant saying the US should clean it up, others saying BP needs to do everything, a president who doesn't want international help and red tape surrounding the PROPER naval boats and equipment to clean it up much much better than it is. Its everybodies fault for the huge mess, if everybody got on the same page, worked together with equipment, political blame/money interest battles stopped and did everything as a TEAM, it wouldn't be near as big of an issue. Also, don't believe most of what you read/watch/hear. Its all what the newsmedia, politicians and special interest groups want you hear.

NOW, just will the blame/money/political/special interest game stop and stop this leak and clean it up.

JForestZ34
06-23-2010, 05:04 PM

I agree with you on everything you have said.. Even 1 drop of oil in our ocean is unacceptable.. You see it all the time on tv.. Take the show deadliest catch.. First thing you hear is " OH WE BLEW A HYDRULIC LINE.. Just letting it piss into the ocean while they decide to fix it.. I know it's not of this magnitude but still..

They should lift that law and let other countries help clean this up.. But our government is probably afraid that this would make us look weak us accepting help... Stop the leak, clean it up and then worry about everything in between at a later time...

James

slightlybent47
06-23-2010, 05:56 PM
I herd that the Norwegians drill at least 1 and sometimes 2 relief wells along side and at the same time as the original well just in case they need it. I guess BP is too cheap to even put in the basics in order to save money. I wonder how much precaution they use when there drilling in there own back yard.

So the latest is that they have removed the cap and are letting it free flow again.

ben300
06-23-2010, 08:08 PM
I herd that the Norwegians drill at least 1 and sometimes 2 relief wells along side and at the same time as the original well just in case they need it. I guess BP is too cheap to even put in the basics in order to save money. I wonder how much precaution they use when there drilling in there own back yard.

So the latest is that they have removed the cap and are letting it free flow again.

they damaged the cap with a robot, and it had to be removed. sounds real fishy to me...like they were catching to much of the oil now, so lets just screw up more

John Noftsinger
06-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Yes the goverment (Obama) is part of problem by not rounding up the best minds the first day! And excepting the help too would have made a big difference.Problem Obama invested 2billion (tax payers money)in a brazilian oil company outside the Gulf then he,s trying to shut down drilling to ALL in gulf then the money he invested in the brazilian oil company will sky rocket and obama,s rich! True story! but news wont dare run this story (democrate news company,s All except FOX) this leak should have been the ONLY thing that the Goverment should have been concerned with then worry about getting money from BP for damages /clean up!This is the only time A deep oil drill rig has done this ALL other spills were ships!

ben300
06-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by John Noftsinger
Yes the goverment (Obama) is part of problem by not rounding up the best minds the first day! And excepting the help too would have made a big difference.Problem Obama invested 2billion (tax payers money)in a brazilian oil company outside the Gulf then he,s trying to shut down drilling to ALL in gulf then the money he invested in the brazilian oil company will sky rocket and obama,s rich! True story! but news wont dare run this story (democrate news company,s All except FOX) this leak should have been the ONLY thing that the Goverment should have been concerned with then worry about getting money from BP for damages /clean up!This is the only time A deep oil drill rig has done this ALL other spills were ships!

your right in most aspects, but it wasnt obama who has invested in the brazillian oil companies, it was obamas right hand man george soros. he's one of the head haunchos at the center for american progress which is a huge progressive socialist/liberal think tank organization in washington. they are the ones who are giving obama advice on how to handle this inccident and others like it.

soros has untold millions of dollars invested in brazillian oil. thats why they signed a six month moritorium on oil off our coasts. this gives them enough time to move the rigs to the next best location available, which is brasil. soros has a tons of money invested in petrobras.

also, the founding member of the center for american progress is john podesta. podesta was the extremely liveral white house chief of staff during the clinton years. he was also born and raised in the ever so corrupt, socialist chicago.

i bet not to many of you know hwat the marcellus shale region is. it is th areas of pennsylvania, newyork state, new jersey, most of ohio, and west virginia. in this region, becuase of the shale, is one of the world largest natural gas deposits. there has already be numerous wells dug to tap into this. this deposit has the possiblity to create hundreds of thousands of jobs, bring life back to and economically dead area, and raise hundreds of billions if not trillions of dollars for the US. not to mention tht it has the ability to make us energy independent.

the problem with this lies in that john podesta is trying to convince congress( and he doestn have to convicne the president, because hes been quoted agreeing wiht podesta) to completely stop and ban all gas well drilling in this area. why you may ask? becuase john podesta has some odd number over a hundred million dollars invested in natural gas drilling in australia. he wasnts to end htis drilling becuase he is set to make billions of dollars off of drilling in australia. so the center for american progress says they are out to help the american people, when in fact, they just want to make us more dependent on our government, take our jobs away to make money else wehre, and tax and take more of our money

luckily enough, a federal district court over turned the 6 month moritorium on oil drilling off of our coasts. this was set to put thens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people out of work. they can now go back to work. however, the white house said they are going to impose anohter moritorium, which is supposed to be longer

****ing crooks!