PDA

View Full Version : New engine coming ---- ?????

ccdhowell
06-19-2010, 08:17 AM
My daughter locked-up her stock engine a month or so ago, I have been too busy to take a look inside so I decided to order her a whole new engine. I found this one on ebay link here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190377157525&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT) for what I thought was a fair price. I bought it, it'll be here thursday.

So with this engine I can loose the battery and the key switch and just run a push button kill switch like the bike. What else will I need to do to get this engine to work on my Typhoon? What about the wiring harness? Should I get a stock CRF50 harness? CDI? Will the stock CDI from the Typhoon work with this engine?

I found this Daytona kit for sale on the internet for $1,000 and figured the built engine was worth what I paid for it. I like the idea of the stroker crank combined with the big bore jug. Daytona says the engine should be good for 12 horsepower, gonna be a nice step up from the stock Typhoon.

Ride1Rob
06-19-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm getting rid of my 16hp Lifan 150's motors. Wish u woulda said something ; ) . Is it a 110cc with the added mods done to it?

ccdhowell
06-19-2010, 03:15 PM
It's a 110cc with the mods done, stock crf50 cases so it has the semi-auto clutch, don't think my daughter is ready for a manual clutch yet.

Man, your 150cc sounds good, and I surely would have gone bigger than a 110cc, but we're limited to 125cc in our series.