PDA

View Full Version : engine won't rev???

wolfe 21
06-18-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm trying to get a friend's 2001 warrior to run correctly. I have it now to where it starts and idles easily with both the choke on and off (after warming up) but when I try to give it throttle it just stumbles and dies (with choke on OR off). I just cleaned the carb out, so I'm thinking that's not the culprit. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT. Appreciate the help in advance, James.

creekwater
02-18-2012, 04:14 PM
I too am having the same problem. At first it wouldn't idle or run at all. So
I cleaned the carb and still the same problem. So I took the carb off and had the Yamaha shop rebuild it. Now it will idle, but when you try and give it fuel it falls on it's face and dies. I took the boot between the carb and motor off, checked it for holes/cracks. Nothing, cleaned all the mounting surfaces, reassembled. Same thing. Took of all the plastic, and cleaned every connection and added di-electric grease and replaced the spark plug. Hasn't fixed anything. I too would like to know if anyone else has had this problem, and what they did to fix it. Thanks in advance.
Creekwater

creekwater
02-19-2012, 09:09 AM
After some more searching. I found out about the parking brake switch. Remove the headlamp assy, then the hood. There is a white connector with two wires. It comes from the brake handle assy. I simply unplugged it and it runs just fine. Im going to either seal each end with silicone, or jusy cut the ends off and seal them with some heat shrink. Hope this helps
Creekwater