PDA

View Full Version : cops... Can I fight it??

shok47
06-18-2010, 05:09 PM
a police officer approaches me and asks if I have been riding my quad around town because there have been 2 hot pursuits (farm town in MA) and he said that someone told the police they saw me riding my quad.

I said
"there are alot of red quads in town", then instantly he said,

"who said it was red?"
I replied with,

" I assume it's red because you said someone saw me riding a quad."

He went on saying no one mentioned it was red, (they KNOW I have a red quad) and that I know something because I hang out with people in town. I tell them I havent hung out with them in a long time, only with (name), and havent seen (name), (name) When he heard one of the names he quickly asked whats his last name attempting to scare me that once that guy signs the paper I can get in trouble and bring it to court....

How can that be possible? I really havent been reading for nearly ONE YEAR and they accuse me, even sounded like they threatened me because I was getting nervous talking to him.

Can I file a complaint or do something about this?

JR3
06-18-2010, 05:14 PM
unless u have a court date or a citation of some kind there is nothing that u can fight haha

shok47
06-18-2010, 05:15 PM
well more like file a complaint about him harassing me, who is an asian, living in white farm town.

I went to the station and talked about it some more, asking them whats the deal, why are they doing this and such, he said if Im guilty I will get a letter in the mail...

JR3
06-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by shok47
well more like file a complaint about him harassing me, who is an asian, living in white farm town.

I went to the station and talked about it some more, asking them whats the deal, why are they doing this and such, he said if Im guilty I will get a letter in the mail...

i dont doubt they are harassing you but who are you gonna call the cops? chances are a small hick town with hick cops also has a hick judge

CJM
06-18-2010, 06:15 PM
From here on if they ask you ANYTHING, approach you, etc. Your reply should be: please contact my lawyer when you have some evidence linking me to these so called acts.

Guaranteed they wont bother you again.

rbgnwa45
06-18-2010, 10:52 PM
If they say they saw you riding your red quad, then you say there are a lot of red quads, then they say how did you know it was red, tells me they're idiots. It's harassment simply because you shouldn't have to put up with that kind of stupidity from a cop. What did they think you were going to say after "how did you know it was red", "ohhh nooo you caught me because you mentioned red and then I said I have a red one" :huh.

Giz400ex
06-19-2010, 06:52 AM
3 simple words for everything " I don't know" Also, dont make a big stink out of it or they will be after you ! Just keep you mouth shut and they will leave you alone =)

slightlybent47
06-19-2010, 12:50 PM
What’s there to fight? Until you are charged with anything just mind your own business and don’t worry about it. He was just trying to shake you down and make you nervous just to see what you would do. That’s what they do, there trained and no how to turn what you say into something that sounds like you did something. Until you are charged with something then just play dumb and say I don’t know! Even if they do charge you with something, the only thing that should come out of your mouth is “I want my lawyer”
The arresting officer will tell you that if you don’t cooperate that I will look bad for you. Don’t fall for it, he is just looking for more evidence to convict you with.
Don’t say a word with out your lawyer present and only after you and your lawyer have had a chance to talk.

jcv400ex
06-19-2010, 03:19 PM
sounds to me like you have a guilty consience....

kfx400rider03
06-19-2010, 03:40 PM
they cant do anything unless if the have pics of you riding it with out a helmet so they can do face idea or if you have numbers on your quad linking it to you. other wise you just say "so the only made one (of the quad you have) in the world?"
when my dad was younger (mid 20's) he told me he was riding in the snow on the streets and got chased by cops. never got caught. but the cops new it was him just had no way of linking it to him sence he had a helmet on and they couldnt face idea him. which his one buddy was with him with out a helmet and he out ran the cops too and got a ticket in the mail because the cops new him also. cop saw my dad the next day and said if i had any way to prove that i was chasing you last night i would get you with every ticket possiable. my dad told him he didnt know what he was talking about and the cop said stop bull sh***** i sent your buddy a ticket sence i could face idea him.

dns1764
06-19-2010, 04:04 PM
well every cop in ma i have met is a complete a hole. all the ones in my town try to scare kids into admitting stuff. just keep your mouth shut and don give them anything to use against you

goldfish
06-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by kfx400rider03
they cant do anything unless if the have pics of you riding it with out a helmet so they can do face idea or if you have numbers on your quad linking it to you. other wise you just say "so the only made one (of the quad you have) in the world?"
when my dad was younger (mid 20's) he told me he was riding in the snow on the streets and got chased by cops. never got caught. but the cops new it was him just had no way of linking it to him sence he had a helmet on and they couldnt face idea him. which his one buddy was with him with out a helmet and he out ran the cops too and got a ticket in the mail because the cops new him also. cop saw my dad the next day and said if i had any way to prove that i was chasing you last night i would get you with every ticket possiable. my dad told him he didnt know what he was talking about and the cop said stop bull sh***** i sent your buddy a ticket sence i could face idea him.

what is "face idea" ? :huh

kfx400rider03
06-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by goldfish
what is "face idea" ? :huh

any one can have any quad but they can not prove it's you unless they see your face and have a picture to prove that it was you. other wise it can be anyone on the quad.

trx310R#24
06-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by shok47

next time all you say is no i dont ride my quad on the road. cops are dicks... everything you say they can and will flip and through it in your face. one tryed telling me that he took tire marks off the road and sent them to the lab and if they come back as the same as mine they will be coming to get my quad if i dont tell him right now that i was on the road. (i laughed my *** off for days)

muddy400EX
06-19-2010, 10:59 PM

another benefit to wearing a helmet,lol

goldfish
06-20-2010, 08:22 AM
any one can have any quad but they can not prove it's you unless they see your face and have a picture to prove that it was you. other wise it can be anyone on the quad.

I understand what you were trying to say but what you were going for would be spelled "Face ID" not "Face idea"

kfx400rider03
06-20-2010, 06:50 PM
lmao. i feel like a complete dumb *** now. lol
thanks for the correction.
:blah:

steel1
06-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by CJM
From here on if they ask you ANYTHING, approach you, etc. Your reply should be: please contact my lawyer when you have some evidence linking me to these so called acts.

Guaranteed they wont bother you again.
Thems magic words in the eyes of the law. Should have been the first thing out of ur mouth. nothing else

destey
06-21-2010, 04:26 AM
cops are hostile, many of them are the enemy and will harm you more than al-qaeda, iran, or any of our real enemies. everything you say can and will be used against you. If you didn't call the police to come help you, then say as little as possible. If they detain you, you can simply not answer their questions. Just blankly stare. You can't get in trouble for doing this. You CAN get in trouble by trying to portray innocence. You do have to provide identifications in most states, but beyond that you don't have to say anything.

They're trained to ask a question and then observe your response. If you don't respond, they move on to their next question or move on entirely. Their job is to "get" people, you, criminals, doesn't matter. Mostly it depends on whether they don't like you

Never say things like "there's a lot of red quads in this town" because you're playing right into his hand. There's a video on youtube by a law professor where he tells you not to talk to the police under any circumstances. Even if you are innocent, the things you say can get in in a LOT of trouble. Scooter libby got in trouble because they questioned him for days and some of what he said didn't match up with other things he said. When you talk to the police for long enough even if you are Jesus Christ incarnate, something can be used against you.

Don't talk to the police! (youtube) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik)