PDA

View Full Version : Finally going back to Haspin

ATV Chic
06-18-2010, 01:35 PM
going riding and camping this weekend down at Haspin for the first time in 3 years lol Anyone in Indy been there recently? Just wondered what changes may have occurred since our last visit

XCRacer236
06-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Have fun with that. No way will I ever go back to the ***** hole. Last time I was there it was mid- 2008 when I quit racing there.

danthrop
06-18-2010, 02:12 PM
what was so bad about it xc?!?! ive never been, but we've been talking about going.

XCRacer236
06-18-2010, 07:58 PM
It is the roughest place I have ever seen. There is NO fresh soil anymore. The trucks and buggies go through and make holes and ruts up to your waist. People go back in the woods, get drunk and drive around all night. People blow stuff up all the time. They set fires. Stuff gets stolen there ALL the time.

If you wanna go to a riding park go to Badlands or Lawrence County Recreation (Abate)

ricksmx865
06-19-2010, 06:34 AM
Unfortunatly he's not bs'ing...

I havent been there since we quit racing there... and didnt much like going then, like casey said too may drunks in jeeps to worry about. (even while racing)

If I lived closer i'd probably still go some because it being so rough it gets you in shape pretty quick.

TRXRacer1
06-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Haspin Acres is not for the weak and picky. It is by far the best riding park in the midwest a true adventurist will ever ride. The facilities suck, the camping sucks but the riding is legendary. If you like riding with your buddies in rough hilly terrain with everything from rocks to sand and clay you can ride there for days before you see everything. It's a great ride by day and party by night park. I've been there 5 times myself and will be back again.

Balaz_73*00
06-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Haspin sucks! Went there for the first time earlier this yea and experienced the same as mentioned. Double riding, drinking and riding, no helmets, its like a free for all. Maybe this is fun for some hill jacks but it just made me feel unsafe. AND, the terrain sucks. Because Haspin has been there so long all the trails are beat to he**, rocks and ruts everywhere. I have a full mx quad and beat the heck outa it riding there. I didnt have fun at all. Me, my dad, and brother all agreed we'd never ever go back. We prefer the badlands any day over that place.

ATV Chic
06-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Balaz_73*00
Haspin sucks! Went there for the first time earlier this yea and experienced the same as mentioned. Double riding, drinking and riding, no helmets, its like a free for all. Maybe this is fun for some hill jacks but it just made me feel unsafe. AND, the terrain sucks. Because Haspin has been there so long all the trails are beat to he**, rocks and ruts everywhere. I have a full mx quad and beat the heck outa it riding there. I didnt have fun at all. Me, my dad, and brother all agreed we'd never ever go back. We prefer the badlands any day over that place.

Well, we normally ride at the badlands and just wanted to go somewhere we hadn't been in a while and you're correct. Big mistake. The track sucked and once again there were idiots riding all night, in the rain. A major storm rolled through friday night with a lot of lightning and rain and these idiots rode in it until about 4am. When we got up and went out to check out the upper track and some of the trail roads, it was so muddy we had to pack up and leave. Total waste of time and money and I don't think we will be going there again. Never seen so much mud in my life, other than the ironman last year lol

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/sexyatvchic/IMG_4280.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/sexyatvchic/IMG_4271.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/sexyatvchic/IMG_4267.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/sexyatvchic/IMG_4278.jpg

skyeryder
06-22-2010, 10:22 PM
I think you can count the blades of grass on one hand:D

ricksmx865
06-23-2010, 06:49 PM
as much as I hate to admit it.....

I think plans have now changed and I think I will be racing the Haspin harescramble this sunday lol

should be good training(since the land is beat to ****)and I'm really just shooting for the overall :devil:

XCRacer236
06-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by ricksmx865
as much as I hate to admit it.....

I think plans have now changed and I think I will be racing the Haspin harescramble this sunday lol

should be good training(since the land is beat to ****)and I'm really just shooting for the overall :devil:

HAHAHA me too Bricks! I plan on being there.