PDA

View Full Version : Oil help

motomxman450
06-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Ok so changed the oil Monday and rode at a local track tuesday. I checked it once while I was there and it was fine . Got home then yesterday put new clutch plates in it will that drain motor too? Now it's empty and I'm not sure if I lost it at the track???? Please help

mx Eli
06-18-2010, 01:39 PM
to change clutch plate you have to drain the oil

motomxman450
06-18-2010, 06:58 PM
And if you don't it will come out when you do?

mx Eli
06-19-2010, 09:16 PM
can you try to explain yourself alittle

450r07
06-19-2010, 10:31 PM
when you take your cover off to get to your plates the oil that is in that side of your bike will drain out. If you took that clutch cover off and no oil came out you have a major problem. I am not sure if the oil in your gear side will come out too but what is in your clutch side and in your motor will definitely drain. It is kind of common sense that if you put oil in to lube your clutch plated and then you take the side cover off then it will come out.

racingquads22
06-19-2010, 10:48 PM
if you had motor oil in it (on the left side as if you were sitting on the quad) and you drained the clutch side (again if you were sitting on it) to change the clutch plates you would have to let the transmission oil out of the casing, but not the motor oil, theres seals that keep the two separated which is why you can run stuff with moly on the engine side and not on the clutch side,

if all your oil drained out you have a bad seal somewhere, if just your transmission oil drained out then just put more in fire it up and check everything out and make sure your oils aren't mixing

motomxman450
06-20-2010, 06:17 AM
Thtas what I thought and that's why I posted something. Thanks guys