PDA

View Full Version : need help

IRISH-RACER-14
06-18-2010, 05:03 AM
heres my anti fade nut.does it look loose?

IRISH-RACER-14
06-18-2010, 05:05 AM
and how do u take off the fender bracket?

smr
06-18-2010, 06:51 AM
not sure were to start here.

First off..That is an OEM lock nut not an antifade.

2nd...I can't really tell if it's loose in the pucture but it does look installed correctly. Pick up the back end and wiggle the axle.

As for the fender mount. After you unbolted the fenders and removed them that mount should pull out of the rubber garment.

IRISH-RACER-14
06-18-2010, 07:02 AM
ok thanks on the fender mount.

as for the axle nut. it is loose a little bit. i thought that was because the bearings are old?

QuadCobbler
06-22-2010, 10:19 AM
If the bearings are old the axle will feel lose as well. I think an easy way to tell if the bearing are shot would be to tighten down the lock nut realy tight. If the bearing still feel lose then they probly need changed. If you have a stock bearing carrier I would suggest getting an aftermarket one, they come with double roller bearing on each side. Stock bearing carrier have a singel bearing on each side.

IRISH-RACER-14
06-22-2010, 11:01 AM
how do i tighten it?

trx300exRDR
07-01-2010, 07:51 PM
well if the lock nut is loose the brake rotor will move about a quarter inch up and down on the axle like if you grab it and try to spin it, if it moves the axle is loose. To tighten it there is two nuts, one is skinny and one is wider. loosen the skinny one and put a wrench on the wider one and pull it up to tighten it. once tight, tighten the skinny nut up against the wider one to prevent it from coming loose.