PDA

View Full Version : open air box FCI intake?????

mxpimp2000
06-17-2010, 11:19 PM
im currently running a fci intake on my yfz and i have the stock air box but its modded and has the rear section cut out completely. i also cut the battery box out since the new kick start setup. my bike is abnormally LOUD and my muffler (sparks) is freshed packed so i think ive got this figured out. my air box is causing the exhaust to be louder because of the echo and its under the seat im thinking its got alot to do with the loudness.

im thinking of running a striaght intake setup with filter with no box. im gonna keep the FCI but ditch the box to see if sound levels lower any.

Does anyone run a striaght intake with NO air box? I race mx and i rarely have mud or water conditions so i should be fine on that note. however dusty conditions my filter will be covered in no time.

06-17-2010, 11:26 PM
I don't think that's your problem. I personally wouldn't take the box off, but that's me.

JOHNDOE83
06-18-2010, 12:08 PM
I run open filters and it works fine, just keep it oiled and clean after every ride.

mxpimp2000
06-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
I run open filters and it works fine, just keep it oiled and clean after every ride.

i wash my bike and filter every ride right now. always propely oiled and cleaned with no toil best stuff for a foam filter period.