PDA

View Full Version : What are the best mods for a 300ex?

11-28-2001, 02:57 PM
Hi, i own a 96 300ex. i was wondering if you guys could help me out. what should my first modifications be? i talked to mickey dunlap and he thinks a big bore 330 kit would be good. but i don't know, i was thinking of a pro circut pipe T-4 with quiet core, k&n air filter and jet kit, a high compression piston, and maybe a cam. then get it bored out next year. i'm trying to keep it around $500. mickey dunlap is probably right but i'm just making sure hes not just saying that to get me to buy the kit. any help would be good or just tell me what you have and if its any good.

11-28-2001, 04:36 PM
Just cause you have more cc's doesnt mean you will get more power. The 330 kit is usless w/o cam,rockers,ect...
I would go with a pipe,jet kit, and k&n filter w/prefilter.
I dont like pro-circut,
I have the Whire bros e-series and love it.
My friend has a supper trapp id2 pipe and it sounds sweet.
(also on a 300ex)

I have:
-White Brothers E-series slipon
-K&N Jett kit stage 2.
-14t sprocket
-20" holeshots XC
...and other mods that dont affect my performance.

It gave me a lot more power all around.

Poncho
11-28-2001, 06:18 PM
Read my sig. for my mods and it has plenty of power.But soon very soon....:devil :devil 400ex:devil :devil

11-30-2001, 03:52 PM
I see you are in New York, but what kind of riding/racing do you do? Trail ride, motocross, hare scrambles, etc.

I'm glad to hear you are going to a quiet pipe, especially if you trail ride, (the quieter the better!!)

If you are going to do sanctioned races, I'm with "300ex xe003#1" about the White Brothers E-Series pipe though, I love mine!!!!! But it is extremely load:mad: :grr

If we are talking first modifications, I recommend:
Renthal handlebars, different grips, and tires other than stock.

I also recommend going with aftermarket front shocks before going into your engine.

Good luck.

stocktires
11-30-2001, 03:53 PM
a 400ex

Warrioreater400ex
12-01-2001, 09:56 AM
i would get an FMF headpipe (yes they make them for 300ex cuz i have one) and then get the FMF Powercore 4 Q (ive heard its pretty quiet..... i know a guy who has one on a raptor... and he says its quieter than most aftermarket pipes). then just, k&n power kit (jets, filter, precharger). once you have all this then you could start with the engine, a new cam, piston, valves etc. well actually the most important thing is DO YOU STILL HAVE THE STOCK BALLOONER TIRES? if so the best thing would be to get some holeshots or razrs pretty soon.