PDA

View Full Version : any honda switchers?

tjsdaname
06-17-2010, 02:53 PM
are there any people here that have switched from a honda 450r to a yfz450r?

because last year I was on a blaster, then I moved to a trx450r and I think I made a mistake. I will more then likely be going to a yfz450r for 2010 mx season

I want to hear your opinions on the yfz450r for motocross

desertrider2121
06-17-2010, 07:18 PM
i rode a trx 450r after swiching to a blaster. it was way different and hated how it handled. i felt sketchy on it so i got a yfz 450 and i feel totally comfortable on it

ZBlaster
06-19-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm an XC guy and just made the switch myself... Still really iffy about it and not quite sure I made the right choice. I love the snap and the upper RPM power of the Yamaha, but my Honda handled like it was on rails and was dead reliable.

tjsdaname
06-19-2010, 12:32 PM
yeah I have the same problem with the honda. it just feel wrong, probably because I started on a yamaha. thats why I plan on going back to a yamaha, thats why I wanted to hear your guy's opinion

yamahahaha
06-20-2010, 08:56 PM
i rode a trx450 and i liked it... but i did not feel as comfortable cornering it. but after being on a yfz r with wheel spacers nothing corners the same.

700xxmaniac
07-12-2010, 11:42 PM
ive ridden both stock and built trx and yfz.. my opinon.... yfz is alot better stock in most ways than the trx is. but bulit the trx is better and more reliable. and a stock yfz will cornner better than a stock trx cause its 4'' wider...if ur gona put 3+k into it get the trx. under 3k yfz, ohh and yfz always felt a lil odd with stock a arms even though its wider. what i like bout the trx the most is it wide *** power band it may not have the peak of a yfz but it makes up for it by never not haven the power u need or haven to much power when u dont need it... what i like bout the yfz the most is its stock suspension

monster400ex
07-13-2010, 08:27 AM
ive riiden almost all the 450s the suzuki and the yamaha are the best in my opinion the trx has power but not compared to the yfz stock mine blew away the trx with pipe intake jet kit etc..
suspensions way better stock the trx450 is the farthest quad from bein race ready