PDA

View Full Version : 700xx can it be bored over?

JD'S ATV
06-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Can any one tell me if my 700 can be bored to the next size piston or do i have to but another cylinder that is stock and put it all back together stock again? The dealer says back to stock, but does anyone else know?:confused:

fmftrx300ex
06-17-2010, 09:37 AM
if its nickle plated u cant just bore hone and replace but u can get a stock cylinder replated it costs around 250 as aposed to a new one and wiseco makes pistons tht are better and prolly cheaper

brian 68
06-20-2010, 10:49 AM
as stated, the stock cylinder can be replated. but i don't think weisco makes pistons that big, i would check with je pistons, or cp pistons. either one will make a custom piston . je will be cheaper. cometic gaskets will make custom gaskets fairly cheap. first check your cylinder skirt (the part that sticks down into the case's) is it thick enough to overbore.? this will determin how much you can go ( wall thickness up top also matters. i would look at 2mm to 5mm max.
i have rode a 700xx and personally would start by lightening the flywheel/hub, and maybe a good pipe. they rev slow and a lighter flywheel will help alot. and shouldn't require remapping like other mods will.