PDA

View Full Version : Street Legal question

GTRider256
06-16-2010, 02:47 PM
I was wondering if anybody has ever put turnsignals and a horn on their quad. I live in jersey and we don't have any legal trails to ride so I thought I try to get my 450 street legal. I know that I would have to have front and rear turnsignals, horn, and mirrors. I emailed njdmv and they actually said it is possible BUT they also said that a need a NHSTA sticker and a EPA noise emission sticker and EPA exhaust emission sticker so I think they may have just passed the buck but really interested in how hard it would be
to wire the turnsignals and horn. Any info would be great.

Bwetzel55
06-16-2010, 08:27 PM
not sure on the signals but chapperal or some website sells a street legal kit its only like 75 has signals mirror and horn. Wish they were road legal in Pa lol

06-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Good luck, here its legal through a loop hole and thats it. You could put DOT tires, turn signals, this and that and it wont mean **** cause they are titled off highway vehicle.

GTRider256
06-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Yeah I doubt it going to happen but I figure I would try especially in nj

Smoker
06-17-2010, 12:44 AM
What if it there is only one live rear wheel? The backwards trikes seem to get by legal just fine, what if it's four wheeled with one live drive wheel. Sounds lame but it would work, at least for the inspection? Interested to hear responses....

06-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Dirtbike swinger and rear end on a quad?

GTRider256
06-17-2010, 05:54 PM
So i got an email back from the EPA and they shut my sh** down. They said it was classified as a off road vehicle blah blah blah. I like the idea of a dirt bike swinger on the back but would the tire have enough clearence