PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pappy!

Woodsrider
02-01-2003, 10:14 PM
Your right it was the powder. I dont think I like it either. I had a helluva time getting these to come out. And I still aint to happy with the results...

muff
02-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by soggyrider
And I still aint to happy with the results...

yeah it looks like its pretty thin

Woodsrider
02-02-2003, 09:55 AM
It is actually very thick. It just doesnt cover well. Espeascially on cast iron parts. The impact wobblies covered much better. But i think I will be ordering yellow from Eastwood. It didnt cover well even after preheating the parts for 15 minutes.

Quadfather
02-02-2003, 10:42 AM
If at first you don't succeed............break *****.

It always works for me.

muff
02-02-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Quadfather
If at first you don't succeed............break *****.

It always works for me.

yeah that usually solves the problem :ermm:

KrazyKid300ex
02-02-2003, 10:47 AM
if not just start hitting it.

muff
02-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by KrazyKid300ex
if not just start hitting it.

yeah that works to, I couldnt get my motor mounts lined up the other day so i kicked the motor, it lined up after that

CBW
02-02-2003, 01:15 PM
If the places you are referring to being thin.........in the tight, close areas. That is a result of the Faraday Cage Effect. When cage occurs the powder is repelled from the recess and deposited on the sides leaving the area thin or uncovered.

Courtesy of : Powdercoating the complete finishers handbook.

i knew what it was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but couldnt think of the wording :confused2

tants
02-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by CHRIS WATERS
If the places you are referring to being thin.........in the tight, close areas. That is a result of the Faraday Cage Effect. When cage occurs the powder is repelled from the recess and deposited on the sides leaving the area thin or uncovered.

Courtesy of : Powdercoating the complete finishers handbook.

i knew what it was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but couldnt think of the wording :confused2

dr.chris waters:chinese:

CBW
02-02-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by tants

and dont ever forget it:D

muff
02-02-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by tants

lol dr. waters to powdercoating station #4, i repeat, dr. waters to powdercoating station #4

CBW
02-02-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by muff
lol dr. waters to powdercoating station #4, i repeat, dr. waters to powdercoating station #4

:uhoh: LOL,,,,,,,,,,work is never done..... :huh :D ;)

Pappy
02-02-2003, 05:33 PM
soggy...to counter the faraday effect...pre heat the part and let cool too around 140- 160 degrees...then powder away taking care not to build up too thick of a layer...works for me.

hey dr. waters....meet ya on the green at 4?:D

CBW
02-02-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
soggy...to counter the faraday effect...pre heat the part and let cool too around 140- 160 degrees...then powder away taking care not to build up too thick of a layer...works for me.

i just turn down the voltage on the gun.....or even take the ground wire off..............

On the green at 4???............nah.......never could stand golf............how about hittin the trails at 3:30:D ;)

Rip_Tear
02-02-2003, 06:33 PM
lol @ CW! :D It doesnt look horrible, good luck with the next one Soggy! :D

Pappy
02-02-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by CHRIS WATERS
i
On the green at 4???............nah.......never could stand golf............

i never said with golf clubs:devil

Ralph
02-02-2003, 07:34 PM

u watching happy girlmore? i am

CBW
02-02-2003, 07:50 PM
i never said with golf clubs:devil

now youre talkin:devious: :devil :devious: :uhoh:

Woodsrider
02-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Damn two days away from the board and I got all this help:D Thanks guys. I ordered the book but it aint here yet.

CW, I cant turn the voltage down. I have the chicago gun, and it cant be adjusted. So I will try it with out the ground wire next time.

Pappy, I did preheat the parts, but I think they may have been hotter than 140 when I blew the powder. Like over 200.:ermm:

Anyhow thanks for the tips!

I wish my book would get here.:grr