PDA

View Full Version : big gun evo r exhaust

Wills77
06-15-2010, 08:22 PM
anyone have any experience or pics with the big gun evo race full system?

bigbad400
06-16-2010, 05:53 AM
i have an ltz400 sitting in the garage with a big gun pipe, i love the sound... pipe quality is good, but performance is sub par to some i have dealt with. i personally would not buy another one.

if i was going to buy a new pipe for my ltr450 i would buy a dasa pipe or terry design concepts pipe, both look very sharp and claim the top. i however do not have that deep of pockets so i have a used curtis sparks pipe. i think motoworks would also be a good choice for the ltr. claims gobs of torque and thats what this thing lacks the most. also motorworks will probably work better to make power on a stock motor, the bigger core race pipes are more of a topend full out race pipe.

if thats what u need id go with dasa, or maybe yoshi, but for good ride ability and a nice gain from top to bottom id say the LRD or HMF pipes are the best trail rider friendly pipes there are. just from my experiences on z400s and 400ex, and from what research i did on these pipes.

btw sparks makes a nice pipe, the gains are quite noticeable and if i had money for a programmer im sure it would be alot more, however i am not too satisfied with its noise level... its a big core system and its a animal. loud as a top fuel truck almost. lmao:ermm:

id think about were you want the power.

what kinda riding do u do? racing or just trails? racing you should have a full flowing race pipe like dasa.

trails you would be better suited with a motoworks because of its low to mid range drive ability.

also think about noise and spark arresters, do you have any spots you ride you need to be concerned about them? you can get quiet cores and like for most pipes too but double check.

but mostly look at the pipe and get a sound clip if possible because as some have told me unless you race and you need the last 1/2 hp you can get then i would just go by looks and sound, the dif is not so much you will feel it unless you use every bit of power it has. in that case get dasa, you wont regret it.

remember you have to be satisfied with it... these things arent cheap. lol good luck