PDA

View Full Version : Checking interests. Sprocket/ Rotor guards

marinenyc
06-15-2010, 06:51 PM
My friend is a engineer and owns a machine shop. We are sick and tires of seeing Brand name companies charging an arm and a leg for a product that is really a simple design. Blingstar just came out with their new rear guard set up. My friend and I have been talking about making a setup that is similar for a fraction of the price. We are working on the design of the setup right now and will have pics soon. My question is. Who would be interested in a setup like this for a fraction of the cost and honestly it will be a product that is made better. We also make wave rotors and can make diff styles. We can poss. make out a package deal for all three. I will be posting pics of it soon. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is the Blingstar setup. Any ideas on what we can do to make it better?

http://www.hsdracing.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=779

Brewer48
06-15-2010, 07:04 PM
I'll take a setup!! Def a great idea I can't see spendin that kind of money on a blingstar setup when you know that it can be done for a fraction of that. Very interested in seeing wut you guys come up with and I'll def be one of the first in line for a complete setup plus a wave rotor!!

marinenyc
06-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Bizump

arTuReX
06-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Fraction of the Price, count me in!

stut1313
06-16-2010, 07:47 AM
I would totally be in!! But can I suggest that the sprocket guards be a 2 piece (or 4 total) design? That way there would be no need to remove the tires, hubs, or sprocket.

gwhunter350
06-16-2010, 07:49 AM
I've been thinkin about going to this instead of a skid plate so i'd be interested in what you all can do as well

samz
06-16-2010, 08:12 AM
I was just about to purchase the blingstar setup but wasn't happy with the prices. I'm in for sure, especially if it is going to mimic the bstar break stay/rotor guard idea. Don't forget a way to clean out the mud. Please pm me when they are ready.

Ichoptop
06-16-2010, 09:12 AM
agreed about prices... I went to the local aluminum supply house and bought a 24" x 24" plate of 6061 T6 at 7/16 thk and paid 20 backs. A couple hours with a band saw and on the bridgeport and called it done. Not including time It cost me $22.00.

ltothaj1
06-17-2010, 12:24 PM
im in as well..shoot me a pm when they are done and ill send u the cash

race dad
06-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Love the idea and price cut thought of fabing some myself just do not seem to have time..Send some pics to me once you have worked out the bugs .Would certainly be interested...

73porkchop@gmail.com