PDA

View Full Version : Opinions On Intake Reed Spacer

rummel
06-15-2010, 03:56 AM
IF YOU HAVE AN INTAKE REED SPACER WHAT WAS YOUR THOUGHTS AND EFFECTS AND WHAT TYPE OF ENGINE YOU RUNNING

Logan #34's Dad
06-15-2010, 04:22 AM
We've got one on our 70 BUT I have no idea if it helps or hurts. All I know is that Billy Holt runs them on his engines, So it must be good for something.

rummel
06-15-2010, 04:26 AM
WHAT SIZE SPACER DO YOU RUN BECAUSE GARY AT G-FORCE ARE PARTS GUY CARRIES 3 DIFFERENT SIZES

Logan #34's Dad
06-15-2010, 04:31 AM
I'm running the MaximumRPM spacer and reed package. Very nice piece.

wrhracing
06-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by rummel
WHAT SIZE SPACER DO YOU RUN BECAUSE GARY AT G-FORCE ARE PARTS GUY CARRIES 3 DIFFERENT SIZES

70cc Stock engines 4 or 5 mm, sometimes more if you want to move the powerband up. It uncovers the rear transfer port entrance.

wrhracing
06-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
We've got one on our 70 BUT I have no idea if it helps or hurts. All I know is that Billy Holt runs them on his engines, So it must be good for something.

You crack me up,,,, try a malossi boost bottle with a short hose directly over the intake. But if you are clutched past a particular rpm you won't see the effects, as much, as it helps.
A highly tuned engine as it travels the US receives different atmospheres to digest as fuel, the boost bottle is to the bottom end part of the throttle as pepto bismal being on hand, is to a Big ThanksGiving Dinner. For some engine carb set ups.