PDA

View Full Version : Shock experts, I need your help!

z400ACDC
02-01-2003, 09:25 PM
I am trying to dial in a Axis rear shock on my z400. I weigh 130 pounds and fast trail ride. No big jumps. Can you tell me what spring rate you use or would have me use. I want it soft for roots and rocks. THANKS!

raptor_02
02-02-2003, 12:16 AM
find JEREMIAH JONES. He should live close to ya and I think he runs axis. He should be able to hook u up

z400ACDC
02-02-2003, 08:15 AM
bump, help if you can!

Predator36
02-02-2003, 04:32 PM
Is there something wrong with the shocks as shipped?? How old are they?? They have made several updates since they built the first ones for the z400. Give Axis a call to find what you should be running - they know this shock better than anyone else.

z400ACDC
02-02-2003, 05:55 PM
The shock is new. Bill Ballance and I are trying some stuff to make it better. The shock was set up like the one on his Z except mine had a softer spring(I weigh less). I don't want mine to sit as low as his. We changed the spring and valving today and have got it very close.

Predator36
02-03-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
The shock is new. Bill Ballance and I are trying some stuff to make it better. The shock was set up like the one on his Z except mine had a softer spring(I weigh less). I don't want mine to sit as low as his. We changed the spring and valving today and have got it very close.

If you have Ballance helping you - you dont need us or Axis to help you. He is the master of seat of the pants shock tuning.

z400ACDC
02-03-2003, 06:44 AM
He is good! I have a disability that requires a very soft shock. He is very busy trying to get all the quads ready for the dealer show. I thought I could save him some time if I find a ballpark spring rate. He told me not to worry about his time. We have changed several springs and valving. He want to try a couple more things. It feels so good now, I hate to touch it.