PDA

View Full Version : what kind of racing gear should i get?

atvracin74
06-14-2010, 10:03 PM
i have no clue which brand i like the best so ill just take someone elses advice on it :)

ATV Chic
06-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Depends on what you are needing. Jersey and Pants I'd say Thor, Shift or One Industries, Boots alpinestars, chest protector-depends on if you are going with a Leatt or alpinestars neck brace. Helmet, can't go wrong with One Inds, 661, Shoei, Fox, Thor. What are you in need of?

motohanks
06-14-2010, 10:32 PM
I wear ONE Industries jerseys, pants, gloves and helmet. Scott goggles, Gaerne boots, and a Leatt neck brace. The ONE Industries Trooper helmet was the one that I found fit my head the best out of all the helmets I tried on, both more and less expensive. There is a lot of personal preference in riding gear, but I would recommend these to anyone. The brands that ATV Chic mentioned are all good too.
My two sets of riding gear for this season... too bad I'm out with a broken collarbone right now :(
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx301/motohanks/NEATV%202010/P5012969.jpg
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx301/motohanks/NEATV%202010/P5023447.jpg

ATV Chic
06-14-2010, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by motohanks
[B]I wear ONE Industries jerseys, pants, gloves and helmet. Scott goggles, Gaerne boots, and a Leatt neck brace. The ONE Industries Trooper helmet was the one that I found fit my head the best out of all the helmets I tried on, both more and less expensive. There is a lot of personal preference in riding gear, but I would recommend these to anyone. The brands that ATV Chic mentioned are all good too.
My two sets of riding gear for this season... too bad I'm out with a broken collarbone right now :(

Sorry you're out right now:ermm: I have one inds trooper helmet and think it's the best for the money and i love your gear from them too. I have women's a-stars boots and an array of diff riding pants an jerseys. You're right that it def comes down to personal prefrence. Everyone is comfortable in diff set ups.
Get well soon!

06-14-2010, 10:47 PM
For goggles I love my Oakleys. So many options in colors, goggles and the best part is lenses. For boots I agree alpinestars. For Jersey and pants IDK yet I need new gear in that department. Helmets my HJC have always been fine.

ATV Chic
06-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
For goggles I love my Oakleys. So many options in colors, goggles and the best part is lenses. For boots I agree alpinestars. For Jersey and pants IDK yet I need new gear in that department. Helmets my HJC have always been fine.

x2 on the oakley's love my o frames :D

motohanks
06-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by ATV Chic
Sorry you're out right now:ermm: I have one inds trooper helmet and think it's the best for the money and i love your gear from them too. I have women's a-stars boots and an array of diff riding pants an jerseys. You're right that it def comes down to personal prefrence. Everyone is comfortable in diff set ups.
Get well soon! [/B]
Thanks ATV Chic, I crashed practicing for a race four weeks ago and I feel pretty fortunate that I only broke my collarbone which hasn't really been that painful, just bummed about missing three races already. I clipped a tire that was marking the inside edge of a high speed corner in fifth gear full throttle and went head and shoulder first into the ground. I got a concussion(don't remember the first hour after I crashed) and was bruised up, but my gear did it's job. I don't blame the Leatt for breaking my collarbone since my neck wasn't even sore and there was enough force to break the neck brace too. I also need to replace my helmet since the foam was compressed from the impact, but I'd rather have to replace the gear that gets damaged than lay in a hospital bed with a broken neck because I cheaped out on gear.

ATV Chic
06-14-2010, 11:40 PM
EXACTLY motohanks. It's better to shell out the money on good protection and know that your gonna walk away from something like. You're very lucky it wasn't worse and I agree with you about the Leatt I think u could have been hurt more without it. Hang in there and take time to heal. Don't rush it, you'll be back in no time! :macho

Canadian144
06-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Here's what I'm rocking:

Jersey: (2) Fox 360, 1 Red Shard, 1 Black/red SE

Pants: (1) Fox 360 black/red SE pant

Gloves: (2) Fox dirtpaw (black), Fox pawtector (red)

Helmet: (1) Fox helmet (don't remember the model)

Goggles: (1) Smith Intake sweat X (red) (1 red tinted lens, 1 clear lens)

Knee Braces: (1) Thor Force knee guards

Elbow Pads: (1) 661 Race elbow pads

Roost Protector: (1) 661 Defender 2.5

Boots: (1) Alpinestars Tech 3s

Accessories: (2) Fox socks

J.Brown121
06-15-2010, 09:23 AM
I wear Thor. They make great gear and have stuff for every price range.

mkh155
06-15-2010, 09:51 AM
all the companies mentioned above are all good.Shell out the money on helmet and boots and PROTECT YOUR NECK! to me these are the things worth spending the extra money on if you will be racing

J.Brown121
06-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by mkh155
all the companies mentioned above are all good.Shell out the money on helmet and boots and PROTECT YOUR NECK! to me these are the things worth spending the extra money on if you will be racing

You actually don't have to spend a lot on a helmet. All of Thor's lids are rated the same. The difference is in the materials they use to make them lighter. And i agree about the neck brace, it's a pretty important piece of gear.

BlaineKaiser450
06-15-2010, 10:52 AM
I wear all Fly gear other than my goggles and Leatt. Just make sure to get either the Astars or the Leatt neck brace. To me it is just as important as a helmet, and I've seen a few people who would have had major injuries if they wern't wearing them

madskrillz2
06-15-2010, 11:30 AM
I wear Shift or TLD. For a helmet and goggles, I wear a Bell Moto 8 and Spy Magneto goggles. Can't beat em. No neck brace right now but hopefully I'll have an alpinestar one soon.

hondariderdylan
06-15-2010, 11:41 AM
I use MSR, great gear and not too bad of a price. i wait until new gear comes out twards the end of the year and you can pick up the older gear at a STEAL. I love all of One industries products but there gear is just too dam expensive:ermm: